M a m a D r a m a

Upstairs the mothers were incredibly interested in Max and Amelia, were they step-siblings? Cousins? Boyfriend and girlfriend?  Can you blame them, two kids show up at THEIR studio with one parent and two different last names, it seemed suspicious. So as always the mothers curiosity got the better of them. Usually that curiosity came with drama, and a lot of it.

"So you got some pretty talented kids, where are you from?" Stacey asked, always ready to scope out the competition for her kid, "Yeah, and what'd do you feed 'em?" Ashley jokingly followed up with to ease some of the tension. She could see the gears turning in Stacey's head and she was not going to let her do something to scare off someone, especially if it meant keeping Abby in a good mood.

|| I knew that it would come up eventually, but right off the bat? Seriously? Like no, "Hi, I'm Stacey! Why do the kids have different last names?" Really? || - Sandy Hatchet   

"Okay so getting the obvious question out of the way," Sandy started with a pointed look towards Stacey, who only stared back with an eyebrow raised, "Amelia is my baby, Max's mother on the other hand is dealing with her business so she can't always take him to dance class, so since they are best friends," Another pointed glance around the room, knowing that  the mothers had been dying to ask that, "we offered to take him." This only piqued the mothers interest even more, but no one more than the good christian herself, Ann.

|| What kind of mother doesn't take her own child to dance? I mean, doesn't she love him? I'm sure he is a lovely kid and he's very talented so why doesn't his mother take him? || - Ann Colin

"What kind of business is more important than her child? I mean she should quit her job and come down to be with him like the rest of us, she should've put her child first!" Ann stated her (unwanted) opinion of the woman she had neither met nor knew the name of. It was a very brash way to talk to someone you just met, especially for Ann, the moms had been counting on her to reel them in and welcome the newbie. Sandy, on the other hand, was incredibly offended, this woman didn't know her or Juliet and here she was judging them, because she was doing what she needed to do.

|| That was uncalled for, we just met this woman! Who talks about someone like that?! || - Ashley Hosbach

Sandy took a deep breath in, knowing if she didn't she might say something she'd regret. In her mind various violent images flashed through her mind but she knew she had to stay calm and collected, she couldn't let them see her sweat. "Not that it's any of your business, Ann or anyone else, Juliet can't quit her job because she runs 'Fevoro Tech' to support her four other children, and help Amelia and myself out, so I would advise you to keep your mouth shut, okay?" She spit the last bit out with a touch of venom, just to get her message out. The mothers seemed to agree with Sandy and kept their mouths shut, apart from the little comment about the group dance that they were currently rehearsing. That was until Joanne had 'suffered' long enough.

"Can I just say, I really like this group dance and I think the kids really like doing it, but I have a small problem," Sandy and the other mother shuffled around so they could see Joanne, whilst she spewed whatever she thought, "I don't like how those two kids walk in like they owned the place and took not only a duet from someone more deserving, but possibly both leads in the dance, I mean it's bizarre! Are the others not good enough?" Joanne knew what she was doing, of course she did, it was sly and conniving and so Joanne.

|| I don't not like these new kids, but you pay dues! You don't walk in and get handed everything to you, you need to work for it, and I don't think these kids should just get a duet and maybe both leads, it's insane! || -  Joanne Paolantonio 

Sandy thought she was going to go crazy, legitimately crazy. These mothers were obsessed with Max and Amelia and she was getting tired of defending them and herself to these women, she just wanted them to shut up and let their dancing prove to these women why Abby liked them. "Joanne I have nothing to prove to you, so just shut up and pay attention to your own kid, not mine or anyone else's, got it?" She was fed up with the mothers and prayed someone would stick up for her.