S t u c k I n M o m m y J a i l

The sun was up, the birds were singing and Abby was smiling, that was until she saw a sheepish Ann standing at the front desk of her studio. She knew she said to come back tomorrow but Abby didn't think she would actually go through with it, to be honest neither did Ann. But she was here and she was ready to grovel and beg until Abby came around and let Hannah back, which was not the smartest idea. Abby's eyes narrowed and her lips curled into a threatening sneer which could make a grown man run home to his mama and just stared at Ann who stared back. That little staring contest was cut off when Abby sweetly smiled and told them to come in and stretch, it was incredibly suspicious, so cautiously Ann and Hannah made their way into the Dancers Den.

When Abby calmly called all the dancers in, it stressed Ann out even more because at this point she didn't know what Abby was going to do to Hannah, was she going to scream at her or pretend nothing happened? Only time would tell. So as she sitting up in the viewing room, or 'Mommy Jail'  as some put it, you could see the anxiousness on her face, which was worrying the other mothers or well, angering them.

|| Am I happy that Ann gets to waltz back in here like she didn't call my child dumb? Abso f**king lutley not! And the fact she hasn't apologized to neither Amelia or I, I'm fuming! || - Sandy Hatchet

You could cut the tension in 'Mommy Jail'  with a dull, plastic knife and it was causing everyone a great deal of distress until Ashley decided to break it, "Ann, I think you should apologize to Sandy for yesterday, because you were out of line," Ashley thought that Ann, being the good christian she was, would immediately do so because she was in the wrong but no!

"I don't see a reason to apologize to her so," This shocked the mothers greatly. Everyone in the room, Joanne included, knew that Ann had a hell of a lot to apologize for but for some reason Ann didn't think so. Then she had the audacity to turn to the moms say, "Now if you don't mind, or if you do, I want to watch my daughter dance!" and then shushed them!

Even though all the mothers gave Ann a harsh glare, they respected her wishes and looked out of the glass to watch Abby go through the group routine with their children. Downstairs in the dance studio it was disastrous, not because of the children but rather the child, Hannah, and Abby. Abby, ever since Ann walked out of the studio yesterday refused to refer to Hannah with her name, and it was causing great distress to the girl, especially since the girl didn't know the choreo because no one videoed it and sent it to her, which was one more thing that Abby could yell at her for.

 Abby didn't take time to show Hannah the choreo and just expected her to either know it or fake it. Hannah was horrible at faking it. Abby was absolutely berating Hannah for every little move she made, "OI! TALL GIRL IN THE BACK! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?", which as some may infer is not the best way to teach someone.

|| It's dehumanizing! Abby calls everyone of the children by their names except mine! || - Ann Collin 

 "IS THIS DANCE A JOKE TO YOU IN THE BACK? BECAUSE IT'S NOT TO ANYONE ELSE!" The more Abby yelled at Hannah, the more mistakes Hannah made, which made Abby yell at her more, the chain never ended. 

|| It's really sad that Hannah's being yelled at like that but no one will say anything in fear of, you know, being yelled at like that, which sounds mean but Abby is in a mood and no one likes Abby when she's in a mood! || - Pressley Hosbach 

|| Abby shouldn't be treating Hannah like this because she's mad at her mother, it's not fair or reasonable! || - Joanne Paolantonio

"DO YOU WANT TO DO THIS? BECAUSE AT THE MOMENT YOU'RE DANCING LIKE YOU'VE BEEN GONE FOR MONTHS NOT A DAY!" And yet, Hannah did not give Abby the satisfaction of seeing her cry, she would save those tears for the pillow.

|| But what hurts most is knowing that if Hannah wants to dance, like I know she does, I can't do anything || - Ann Colin

|| I don't like Ann anymore than the next person but no child should be treated like that || - Sandy Hatchet

Once Abby was finished picking on Hannah, she moved onto her next target, the moms. She called them down from 'Mommy Jail'  and waited for them to get downstairs, she just waited, not paying attention to the group dance that was happening. When they finally came downstairs Abby asked them a simple question with a complex answer, "Where's the bench I said I needed? I told you to get that done as soon as possible," And with that sentence the moms went silent.

Now it may seem like a straightforward answer: Yes or No. But it was far more complicated than that, they had to consider Abby' mood, who she last yelled at, who she hadn't yelled at, what she was asking, what she was secretly asking and so much more. So you could say it was complicated question in disguise. A wolf in sheep clothing.

Michelle and Ashley nudged Sandy to answer her, but before she could Joanne had to open her big, fat mouth, "Well, no Abby, considering you asked us literally yesterday, we haven't!" Now in the moment Joanne was right, but when was someone being right ever stopped Abby? The answer to that, if you were wondering is: never, never has never will. So Abby, being in the mood she was in, kicked out the moms with the threat that if the didn't have the bench done in the next hour that they weren't going to the competition, at all! (It was a very dramatic moment). (She also wouldn't have followed through with it).

As the moms worked away on the bench, chatting, gossiping and sorta getting along, Ann just walked back up to 'Mommy Jail'  and sat down, for no reason other than she felt like it. Well, that act of 'protest' did not sit well with the moms, considering that they were all getting their hands dirty and Ann was acting as if she was above it all, which she wasn't!

|| Of course I'm not going to do Abby' dirty work! I don't have to especially with the way she's treating MY daughter, why should I? When she starts to treat my daughter right I'll do the work that she wants me to do! || - Ann Colin 

|| Ann can act above it all and pretend that she doesn't need to paint this bench but with the way she's going it doesn't seem like Hannah is going to dance this week || - Stacey Ketchman

|| It's crazy that this woman thinks that she can just not help the team out, like how does that make sense? Sucks for her though because right now the moms are bonding without her! KARMA! || - Sandy Hatchet

All the children saw Ann sitting in 'Mommy Jail'  all by herself, but collectively chose not to say anything because they liked Hannah, and though they didn't know at the time the consequence for doing so they knew it would not be good, so for now Ann was stuck. If she left 'Mommy Jail'  Abby would see her either leave or go back in so she had to watch her daughter get torn up with criticism from Abby. 

All because of a bench she was stuck. 

Stuck in 'Mommy Jail'.

Hey! So I'm not in love with this chapter, I like it more than the last one, but what do you think of it? I have a plan for the next couple of chapters, I think, but they may take a little while to get out, hopefully not too long though! 

Question: What do you think will happen at comp? 

And please remember to:

Vote

Comment

And follow!

Peace Out Girl (and other) Scouts!