C o m p e t i t i o n C r a z i e s

The five hour long bus ride had gone pretty smoothly. Well, if smoothly meant Abby yelling at the bus driver, GiaNina, Lilli and Pressley 'singing' Justin Bieber, Max and Hannah doing their schoolwork whilst one of them was giggling (I'll give you a hint: it wasn't Hannah), Amelia reading a book and Brady kind of staring, at everybody. It was only a little creepy to Max and Amelia. When they finally arrived at the competition they snuck through the back as to not be bombarded with fans and you know, keep Max and Amelia a little bit of a secret. They were sort of prepared for the duet, but Amelia was freaking out about the group dance, and it was starting to freak out Max. 

|| I'm majorly freaking out! I mean, at least two of these women want me to screw up and Abby wants me to be perfect, and it's a lot to process || - Amelia Hatchet

|| I can see Amelia stressing so I pull her to the side to give her a pep talk because I need this child to preform well to shut these mothers up! || - Abby Lee Miller

Someone however was enjoying the minor freak out Amelia was having. And that someone was Joanne. Of course it was. So she was having a fun time getting into Sandy' head, much to almost everyone's displeasure. "Is she okay? Does she need someone to fill in for her? You know for the group? This can be a very stressful situation." The way she said it was sweet, too sweet, "Especially for someone so fragile, like if she was dropped she would... break," Now that was still said in a sugary voice but there was an underlying threat that shone through, a threat that would not only lose them the competition but would get Abby to hate Amelia. Or so Joanne thought. 

The other mothers in the room stopped, flabbergasted, sure they were mean (and bitchy), but they would never want a child hurt, that crossed about a hundred and one lines.

|| You know, at first I didn't care that this mother didn't like my kid, but she just crossed a line, majorly! || - Sandy Hatchet

|| I don't like that kid anymore than the next person, but really Joanne? Do you want to be kicked off the team || - Stacey Ketchman

||I'm trying to calm a child down and Joanne decides that now was the best time to run her big, fat mouth? Not in my studio! || - Abby Lee Miller

|| My mom says stuff like that all the time! I don't get why everyone's making a big deal out of it? She said this kind of stuff last season! || - GiaNina Paolantonio

"Excuse me?" Sandy wasn't yelling, no it would be less scary if she was yelling but she was calm. The kind of calm before a storm. And boy, what a storm this would be! "What did you just say?" She then proceed to turn to Joanne, her face like stone, and blink. Once. Twice. Thrice.

Joanne had the audacity to scoff, as if she didn't just threaten a thirteen year old and spoke very slowly and clearly, "I said, If someone happened to drop Amelia, I think she'd break, I also think it would be her fault, you got that? Or are you ...

Joanne had the audacity to scoff, as if she didn't just threaten a thirteen year old and spoke very slowly and clearly, "I said, If someone happened to drop Amelia, I think she'd break, I also think it would be her fault, you got that? Or are you deaf and stupid?" It was so condescending that the air shifted entirely, it went from slightly apprehensive to incredibly tense in a matter of seconds.