I t ' s B r i t n e y

The bus ride was a long, bumpy one, but that didn't matter anymore because they arrived outside of Groove, only to see Cathy and her candy apples out the front with a megaphone. Seeing Cathy was never good. Somehow, seeing Cathy with a megaphone was even worse. Especially without Abby around. Before they even exited the bus, they could hear her high-pitched nasally voice penetrating their eyes and worming its way into their heads.

"C'mon out Abby! You're not frightened of me, are you?" As Gianna was organising an order to get off the bus, so that moms would sandwich the kids, she couldn't help but wish that Juliet was here today.

|| My mom's not at the competition, because something happened at work and it needed to be dealt with in person. I knew it would happen eventually, so it's whatever || - Max Fevoro

"Come out, come out wherever you are!" Cathy was now just taunting them, which is something neither Abby nor Juliet would put up with, not even for a second. But neither of them were here right now so the ALDC would just have to adapt. As Gianna walked out of the bus, she made sure to set an example to the people following her, and held her head as high as she could, though making sure not to look Cathy in the eyes, kinda like Medusa. 

As soon as the entirety of the ALDC, or at least the members that were there, got out of the bus, Cathy immediately took notice of the lack of both Abby and Juliet, something which made her smile. Especially when she knew she could use it to her advantage, "Aww! Where's your pitbull? Not here to defend you?" She shouted through the megaphone she was holding, knowing that it would rattle Gianna, "She abandon again, Gigi? Left you all by yourself, once again!" While Gianna walked away, Cathy's voice began to fade into the distance, taking all of her self-confidence with her.

|| I'm not rattled. I'm not rattled. I am not rattled. Okay, maybe I'm a little rattled, but I need to at least pretend I'm not || - Gianna Martello

|| Cathy knows how to get to people, and it's clear as day that she's rattled Gianna, which is not what we want to happen! Right now, she's our captain! And everyone knows that when the captain goes down the ship comes with it! || - Joanne Paolantonio

Entering the dressing room, everyone was quiet, which was unusual. Nobody was yelling. Nobody was whispering. Nobody was doing anything. It made the moms uneasy, to say the least, especially considering the environment that they were usually in. Just as they settled into the silence and started to get comfortable with it, they heard the wheels. Then they saw her.

As Abby rolled into the room, the kids tensed up as though they had been caught doing something wrong, even when they were doing nothing. Literally. Abby's eyes scanned the room, lighting up when she saw Amelia getting ready, presumably for her solo that she'd be doing today.

|| Gianna's made sure that I know almost nothing about who's competing this week, which has me nervous. I don't like not being in control || - Abby Lee Miller

"Who's happy to see me?" Even though nobody was truly happy to see Abby, all the kids cheered, mostly because they were excited to see what she thought about their routines. Abby smiled at the applause and continued, "And guess who I brought with me?" Emma, Khloe, Tilly, and Reggie all walked into the room, with massive grins on their faces and the kids all rushed to give them a hug, this time genuinely happy to see them!

"Okay! Now it's time to get down to business!" Abby clapped her hands as she exclaimed, "I want to see my soloists and my duet in their costumes!" There was a slight pause where nobody moved, still coming off the high of seeing the seniors, so Abby took matters into her own hands, "NOW!"

|| I'm so excited to be here! And seeing the kids so happy to see us makes missing a day of rehearsal a little bit worth it, I guess || - Emma Chen