five

excuse mistakes

Two days later...

"Where you going?" Kye asked Dior as she slid her socks and her tennis shoes on.

"To see Sahara, Ms.Tolbert said she's finally up and alert." Dior replied packing her bag with the gifts and clothes she bought for Sahara.

"I'm coming." Ja'Kye responded jumping up and running to the closet to quickly get ready.

Dior smirked and crossed her arms over her chest. Every since they left the hospital all Kye talked about was Sahara. Dior knew that she would need to use that social worker's card soon.

"I'll be in the car." She stated getting all of her things and both sets of keys to both buisnesses.

Kye quickly threw on some clothes and slipped on his slides. He tucked his gun in his shorts and grabbed his phone heading downstairs.

"HULK!" He yelled out for his guard dog.

Hulk came running full force towards Ja'Kye making sure he wasn't hurt or being attacked.

"Hold it down." Kye chuckled rubbing the pit bull's head and exiting the house.

Once Kye got in the car, Dior drove off towards the hospital to see Sahara. She had already checked in with Ms.Tolbert to let her know that they would be visiting.

—-

"Tubby hurt." Sahara whispered playing with his ears and talking to herself.

"No baby Tubby isn't hurt." Ms.Tolbert chuckled.

"Tubby dirsty." Sahara frowned trying to feed the bear her apple juice.

Ms.Tolbert chuckled and continued emailing all of her colleagues to see if she could find anybody related to Sahara.

On cue Dior and Kye walked in with teddy bears, balloons, and bags of clothes from Dior's kids boutique.

"Nice to see you two again." Ms.Tolbert smiled standing to her feet holding her hand out.

Sahara looked up and stared at the two people before her. She didn't recognize neither face but she did think that she was seeing her mommy.

"You too." Dior smiled shaking her hand.

Kye just gave a simple head nod. Ms.Tolbert was still fed in his eyes, in some ways she worked with the cops so he didn't fully trust her.

"So how is she?" Dior asked looking at Sahara talking to the bear.

"She's recovering at a pace. She was very malnourished so they're feeding her every hour, and started her on some growth shots."

"She is underweight the average weight for a six year old is around 45 pounds. She's only 26 so they're trying to get her weight up before she's released. They also mentioned that her immune system is very weak so they're worried about the constant germs around her. Doctors also added that she has a sever condition of ashtma that's never been treated. Ms. Tolbert explained.

"Wow." Dior frowned.

"Aye they took that tube out?" Ja'Kye asked referring to the the nasogastric tube.