seven

excuse mistakes

Two weeks later..

"May I help you?" The front desk worker asked greeting  Dior and Ja'Kye.

"Yes ma'am, we have a 10:00 appointment with Ms.Tolbert." Dior smiled signing their names in on the clipboard that was taped to the front desk.

The lady asked for their ID's and then programmed them into the computer. After they filled out tons of paperwork the front desk worker finally guided them to the back of the office.

"Ms.Tolbert your 10:00 is here." The brown-skinned lady stated getting the social worker's attention.

"Good morning Dior and Ja'Kye." Ms.Tolbert greeted with a warm and sincere smile.

Ms.Tolbert had been waiting for the two to start the adoption process every since the first day she met them. However she couldn't pressure them, but she was glad that they finally took the next step.

"Good morning." Dior responded for her and Ja'Kye.

The took a seat in the two chairs that were rested in front of Ms.Tolbert's desk.

Dior was dressed in buisness attire just like Kye, of course she had to make him. Dior stated that first impressions always mattered and that they needed to look as professional as needed.

"Are you guys going to see the little one today?" Ms.Tolbert asked logging into her computer to pull up Sahara's file.

"Not right afterwards but we'll definitely go before visiting hours are over. Yesterday she was cranky because she was uncomfortable with her leg and stuff." Dior said.

"Yea I've talked to her doctors, her leg is healing slower than they would like. Hopefully she gets better soon so we can get her into a school." Ms.Tolbert sighed.

"So she's never been enrolled in a school?" Dior frowned.

"Nope, she's really behind. She should be forming bigger sentences and comprehending more at her age. Right now her skills are equivalent to a pre-schooler."

"Damn." Kye mumbled shaking her head.

"Okay so are you guys serious about this process. It won't be easy and it will sometimes get emotional." Ms.Tolbert stated.

"Yea we ready." Ja'Kye nodded speaking up for the first time.

Honestly Ja'Kye felt as they didn't need to go through all these steps. He felt like they should just be able to go to court sign a couple papers and then Sahara could be their own. Kye thought that this whole process was unecessary.

"So first I need to see your proof of income, your proof of residence and at least two utility bills. I also need a copy of your car insurance." Ms.Tolbert stated getting right to it.

Dior had handled all of the legal papers. She put Ja'Kye as on her kids' boutique paperwork, saying that he was the assistant manager.

Dior brought in roughly 7,000 a week at the boutique which means she made around 28,000 a month. At the wax salon she brought in around 15,000 a month. In all she brought in 43,000 a month excluding the big tips and promos that she did.

"Here's our proof of income and proof of residence that we own. Is it possible that we can fax our car insurance here?" Dior asked handing her the manilla folder that had all of their financial papers.

"Yes ma'am, that's fine." Ms.Tolbert nodded.

"When our court date and stuff?" Ja'Kye asked leaning back in his chair.