eight

excuse mistakes

Six months later....

"Papa I swear if we not there before everybody I'm gone deform your whole face." Dior mugged.

Court didn't start until 10:00 and it was currently 7:45. Dior wanted them to be the first ones there to show how serious they were about Sahara. The court was approximately 1 hour away so that meant that they would get there around 8:45-8:50.

Dior had on a nice tailored ivory pant suit. It hugged her curves greatly and gave her a professional look. She paired it up with her black red bottom heels. Dior didn't do much on her make up she decided to just go with a natural look and her diamond earrings. Ja'Kye had on a nice pressed and ironed ivory turtleneck with his grey dress pants, he paired it with his gucci dress shoes and his cuban link chain and watch. The couple screamed professional and money.

Ja'Kye finally came downstairs with his phone and keys. "I'm ready, you gave Hulk food?"

"Yea, let's go get our baby." Dior grinned.

Ja'Kye chuckled and kissed Dior's forehead. They both proceeded to the car to head to the courthouse. On the way there they stopped for smoothies and breakfast sandwiches. They didn't want to be out on a empty stomach.

"You guys ready to take your babygirl home?" Ms. Tolbert asked.

"Yea we ready." Kye nodded.

Dior and Ja'Kye's lawyer walked in with his brief case and with a big smile on his face. He was the best family court lawyer in the state. He went by the name, Mr. York.

"You guys ready?" Mr. York asked looking at his best dressed clients.

"Yes sir, we're ready." Dior nodded tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. Her nerves were kind of setting in, so she was ready to get everything over with.

"Okay, let's go in." Mr. York nodded.

The three walked into court room 30B. It wasn't as big as the other court rooms it was more smaller. It was practically empty besides Ms. Tolbert, Sahara, and two police officers.

Dior, Ja'Kye, and their lawyer set up on the other side of the room at their table, while Ms. Tolbert tried to keep a whiny Sahara calm.

Sahara was finally released from the hospital two months ago. She had to have another surgery because her intestines that were clipped together tore and started bleeding out. While she was in the hospital she gained 16 pounds and she even started being more vocal. However when she was released she did have to go to a foster case until court date. Dior and Kye were still able to visit but at this point they were ready for Sahara to live with them forever.

"Has anything changed since our last meeting?" Mr. York asking his clients. He didn't want any surprises during the hearing.

"No sir, everything is the same as documented." Dior stated.

"All rise for the honorable judge Timothy Brown." The baliff called out from his corner.

Everybody in the room stood, except for Sahara who was to busy talking to Mr. Tubby.

Timothy Brown walked in with his black robe and his clear glasses and a natural mug on his face. Once he sat down in his chair the baliff spoke again.

"You may be seated." And with that, each party sat down at their tables.

Judge Brown started browsing through the paperwork and the folders that were sitting on his stand. "Are we here for the adoption of Sahara Harris, to Dior Wright and Ja'Kye Allen?"