eleven

excuse mistakes

*So let me just start off by saying this will probably be an emotional chapter for some. This chapter is to bring awareness to real life situations. I hope that this doesn't trigger anybody because it's not my intentions. 

Make sure y'all voting on these chapters. Once again this is an emotional chapter for some. Be advised !!*

3 months later...

"Papa, ma ma has her first field trip Friday. And guess what? It's to the zoo and parents can come. So go head and prepare to be on the trip." Dior grinned

"Baby I got some to do Friday." Ja'Kye sighed.

"Yea we going to the zoo." Dior shrugged.

"Did you take the refill this morning?" Ja'Kye asked referring to Sahara's inhaler.

"Yea I gave it to the school's nurse. Her teacher said that she's been making major progress. She's still not talking to the other kids but she's being more vocal." Dior stated.

"That's good. She aint there to make friends anyways." Ja'Kye replied.

"Papa you heard about that mass shooting?" Dior asked lifting her head from his chest.

"Yea that shit sad asf, rest in peace to them though. Shit crazy, people be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Can't even go grocery shopping without being scared." He sighed.

"That's why I be stressing that you know all entrance and exit doors, never show fear." He added on looking down at Dior.

"I know papa." Dior mumbled.

"I just hope nothing like that never happens to us especially if we have ma ma." She whispered with her voice cracking.

"I can't promise you nothing, because them people aint know that going to the grocery store was gone get them killed. Just be safe and stay ready." Ja'Kye stated wiping the lone tear from Dior's face.

"Attention Lakeside Academy, this is not a drill. This is a code 3. Teachers please lock and block all doors, windows, and exits escape. Please have your students to hide away from doors. We have an active shooter in the building." The principal stated over the walkie talkies.

All of the teachers immediately went into panic mode and first started hiding their students out of eye sight. The principal sent out a audio message to all of the parents alerting them.

Kambree's heart dropped, all of her kids had just went down for their afternoon nap.

She quickly went to lock her classroom door and stacked as many books as she could in front of it. Her desk was all the way across the room so that wouldn't work.

She closed all of her curtains and made sure that the windows were blocked by chairs.

After waking all of her kids up, they were now cranky and whiny.

"Okay, I need all of you to go hide in the backpack station. There's enough cabinets for everybody so each one of you get into one." She instructed pointing to the backpack station in the back of the room.