14. The little 'big' fight

|Viaan's P.O.V|

It was weeks after the confession and nothing much had happened, except for the fact that Aisha and my bond was growing stronger with each passing day. She was slowly letting her guards down around me and it felt refreshing to discover something new about her everyday.

The semesters were also round the corner and the exam pressure was at its best. 11th was a total different ball game as compared to the previous classes and there is no denying that. Most of the things that we learnt in Chemistry stood null and void today, but still we had to learn them...because...well our passing was dependent on those failed studies.

It was a very typical day at the school. All of us had gathered in the canteen for lunch. Surprisingly Ayan and Sanju had also joined us today and I think I knew why.

After the confession, both of them started spending their majority of the time together. Not that they did not spend time with us, but when Rashi talked to all of us about this, even we did feel that they were slowly getting detached and that according to Aisha was not good for them as individuals.

"Guys we wanted to talk to you both about something." Rashi said, eyeing both of them.

"Yuup...go ahead." Ayan said , very consciously at that.

"We think both of you should lessen the time that you spend with each other." Aishi said, and that was a bit blunt if you ask me, and clearly even they both weren't expecting something this straightforward being thrown right at their faces, because they were hell confused and their expressions gave that away.

"What do you mean?" Sanjana said

"Ok, so what I mean to say is, you both spend majority of your free time with each other, talk over calls and messages when you're back at home and I think between all this your individual social life is going for a toss. All I --"

" Aisha, you have --" Ayan was about to interrupt when Rashi stepped in.

" Guys atleast listen her out first. And it's not only her who has felt like this, we all have felt it and so we decided to talk to you about it." she said with utter calmness.

" All I want to say is start spending some time away from each other. I agree you both like each other, and want to spend whatever little time you get , together, but that you anyways do through texts and call . I know that's not the same as spending time with each other in person, but all I am saying is lessen it a little bit.
Tell me when was the last time you both, individually sat down with you friends and talked utter nonsense , like old times? You won't remember because lately none of you has done that. You both have individual lives and friends who also need your attention equally if not more." Aisha ended with a sigh.

"Is it just that or are you insecure, because your best buddies are not with you and so you feel lonely?" questioned Sanjana.

As soon as she asked that question, my calm went for a toss. How could she ask such a question to her? Here she was genuinely concerned about them and there she was questioning her security!?

" Its nothing like that Sanju, why would I be insecure?" Asked Aishi with a confused expression dawning her face.

" May be because you are alone all of a sudden and now you don't know what to do with that loneliness?" Sanjana replied.

Had I been Ayan, I would have stopped my girlfriend from insulting my best friend. But no, this guy was sitting like someone had injected him with anesthesia. I wonder was he even listening to the conversation, because he was too lost in his own mind .

" I am not alone, just to make it clear. I have Rashi, Viaan , Advik and many of my other friends with me. Why are you making this about me when clearly it is not." Aisha started shouting a little and by now people had started eyeing us.

" Maybe because you are jealous too. That all our lives, you were the prettier one but I got to be the girlfriend first?" Said Sanju.

Now she was spitting venom. I know I do not know about their friendship much, but all of us could say Sanjana had taken it the wrong way.

"Why would I be jealous of you out of all people on the face of earth? And if its about beauty , then all of us know that you are beautiful, much more than you think." Aishi replied back furiously.

As if on cue, the bell rang indicating that the break was over. Listening to the tring, Aisha and Sanjana exchanged cold glances at each other and walked away in opposite directions.

If I was not mistaken, Aisha did have a layer of tears in her eyes. She could not cry upon this...or could she?

"Aishi , Aishi, wait" I  kept screaming till she finally halted in her tracks.

I heard her sniff, which means I wasn't wrong.

"Viaan , I don't want to talk to anybody right now. I am sorry." saying this, she left for the class and all I could do was stare blankly at her back as she walked away.

I had not seen Aisha this weak anytime and it hurt me to see her this vulnerable. And that was the time I realised, either Rashi, Advik or me have to do something before the hell breaks loose.
_________________________________________

'Rotten tomatoes and eggs being thrown at me. Chappals being aimed.'
Is that what you feel guys?

Guys I am so sorry for not updating all these months. I was caught up between exams, practicals and all the college stuff.

But since now  that I am back, you can expect regular updates from me :)

Coming to the story, do you like the twist?
Which team are you guys supporting?
• Team Aisha
• Team Sanjana
• Team Viaan
Or have you left all of it on the writer?

Also, do you guys think that Aisha is jealous or insecure?

Also, did you guys see the photo that I uploaded in the media? Doesn't that define this chapter? How did you find it?

Lets me know through the inline comments. I would love to hear it from you guys :)

And if you liked the chapter, do not forget to Vote and Comment

Till then, Happy Reading!
-PC 🙂

Till then, Happy Reading!-PC 🙂