3. Moments in Manali

|Aisha's P.V.O |

We had checked in the hotel at Manali an hour ago . Manali had actually welcomed us in its own way. As we departed the railway station, it had begun to drizzle. Sir said that it was unusual , because Manali generally does not recieve rains at this time of the year. Whatever it was, it felt heavenly to me .

Coming back to the hotel part of it, ma'am told us we had 7 two seater rooms and 5 three seater rooms under our booking. So Palak and Dharmi took the two seater room and Sanju, Rashi and me took the three seater one. Regarding the boys, Ayan and Advik decided that they would stay together and Vedant, Nilay and Viaan would share the other room . Before dispersing to our rooms, ma'am had briefed us about our action of plan for this one week and today was dedicated purely to Manali .

I had always loved exploring new places, and since that excitement had overpowered me , I was amongst the first people to reach the breakfast area of the hotel where we all were instructed to assemble. Till the time I had filled my plate with my share of breakfast, my friends ( from the same school) had joined me.

I was relishing on my Aktori , a sort of cake made of buckwheat , a delicacy of Manali, when my eyes fell on Viaan . Carrying a backpack on one of his shoulders, dressed very in-the-vacation mode , he walked towards us with confidence , while his other friends followed him.

I heard someone clearing his throat and I looked up to the source  only to find Viaan standing right opposite to me and suddenly, my bread omlette and Aktori were the most beautiful things I had laid my eyes on.

If you continue to zone out like this while staring him, you'll end up making a laughing stock out of yourself.  I mocked myself

📸 🎶 📸

Our first destination is the Hidima Devi temple. I am thrilled to learn that this place has a connection with the story of Mahabharat. The peace that the place offered is out of the world.

Our next destination is the Museum of Himachal Culture and Art. We were roaming inside the museum , exploring the art and culture of Himachal Pradesh  through everything we could see right infront if our eyes. Sir was explaining us, but I was paying  more attention to what Ayan had to say. He loves places like these and so he had something to say whenever we crossed any significant article.

By the time we had imbibed quiet a bit about Manali and its culture, we were yearning for food. Our mini traveller took us to a local restaurant situated in Old Manali. There we had Bhey, Tudkiya Bhat , Channa Madra, Sindhu and Trout fish. All local food, so scrumptious, so flavourful and then we roamed around Old Manali. This place was something else. A bit laid back from all the hustle bustle, that takes you  back to that era where peace of mind was very significant in the lives of people residing here.

Our next stop was the Tibetian Monasteries. We all roamed around , clicked pictures and then our instructors said that we are hitting the mall road tonight. I was so excited. They say , mall road is the life of Manali and if you want to treat yourself with some typical Manali style street food , then this is a must go place for you.

📸 🎶 📸

"Guys, Pani puri!" Palak exclaimed with joy.

"Guys please lets have them and then we can eat everything else. Please guys." Palak requested with puppy eyes and the next moment we were standing infront of a Pani puri stall. People in Manali call pani puri as gol gappe.

" This is so good" Sanjana said while shoving one more panipuri into her mouth.

"Exactly" Viaan jumped in to support her.

"Guys, lets do one thing. Why don't Sanjana and Viaan have a gol gappa competition?" Rashi suggested.

" I am in" said Sanjana

"Me too" joined Viaan

" okay, so let the competition begin" I said with joy.

" Oh god, I am so full. First those panipuris and then all those yummy food. I feel my stomach will burst any moment now." Sanju said

" Can't agree with you any less. But I am pretty happy I won." Viaan laughed

"Why did you guys eat so much, you could have controlled yourself." I said

"How do you controll yourself when you have all those luscious food items right in front of you?" Viaan questioned.

" I don't know, may be close your eyes." I said hopelessly

"You are impossible Aishi." Sanju laughed.

"Ok, guys good night. I am sure from tomorrow we would be having much more fun than this" Dharmi said

"Yup" I said with the smile not leaving my face.

From tomorrow will begin the adventure part of it. I am so excited.

------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys,
How are you all? I hope everybody is in the best of their health.

Ok, so this was a bit of a descriptive chapter and I am not very sure how it has turned out. I hope its light and easy breezy types. Do tell me how did you find the chapter.

I have decided the days for update. It may be on Saturdays or Sundays, whatever my routine allows. But you can always expect an update on Friday too if I am done with the writing part jaldi jaldi like today.

Also, apologies for a short chapter, but stay tuned guys cause we have many long chapters in the pipeline.

Also guys, if you like the chapter, please do not forget to press the star button and leave your comments in the comments section. Silent readers, please show some love. It only motivates me to write more and put my best foot forward.

Until then, Happy reading!
- PC 🙂

Until then, Happy reading!- PC 🙂