Chapter 12

"Need some help with that hun?" 

I jump hearing a voice behind me and I turn to see a woman who I do not recognize. 

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't mean to frighten you. I guess you didn't see me when you walked in. I notice you have a slight dilemma on your neck." she gives a warm smile gesturing towards the giant target that is on my skin. I nod feeling a bit embarrassed as she fumbles through her purse pulling out a tube of concealer, handing it to me. 

I sigh with relief before turning to the mirror and applying it to my neck. "Thank you I appreciate this." I look over in her direction and she giggles. "It's quite alright. I used to come to school early to see my boyfriend back in high school." she smiles as I turn to her feeling a bit confused. 

"Uh not to be rude but if you are not a student why are you here?" 

"Oh, my apologies! I'm Sarah-or well, Miss.Orzechowski. I was just recently hired as a science teacher here!" I watch as she explains. I nod slightly thinking about it "Not to be rude but you seem really young to be a teacher." and she laughs. 

"That's sweet. I actually just graduated from college and this is my first teaching job so hopefully, it goes well." she smiles as I hand back her concealer. "Oh okay well you will do great. This school isn't too bad just uh...some teachers are dicks so beware. I'm Liz by the way!" 

She puts the makeup back into her purse as she gives me a friendly smile "I'll keep that in mind. It was nice seeing you Liz. Classes are going to start soon so I should get to my classroom. I'll see you around." she explains before walking out taking confident strides. 

She was so sweet. Hopefully, I can see her around more often. 

The rest of the day goes by like usual. Unfortunately, Miss.O is not my teacher which disappoints me a bit. She had such a kind and bright personality I would've loved to see how she teaches. 

But anyway it's that point in the day where I have to head to french, unfortunately, to see you-know-who. I've been thinking about this morning a lot which I shouldn't be since all it literally was was him trying to take advantage of me but I didn't expect him to just let me leave that easily yknow? I mean, I guess I'm glad he let me but I can't help but feel disappointed. 

I walk into the classroom and look around going over to my seat, avoiding the gaze in the front that is most likely on me. I sit in my seat keeping my eyes to the floor and I hear Harper speak. 

"Where were you this morning? I went to go pick you up and you weren't there. Did you take the bus?" she asks with a slightly concerned tone. I look up at her and notice Brendo-Mr.Urie is not even in the room yet. "I uh had my mother take me to the doctors wasn't feeling too great this morning but I feel better thankfully." 

She nods sighing with relief as she brings her attention back to her phone texting whoever. A couple of minutes went by before Mr.Urie finally came striding in setting some papers on his desk. He looked around the room like usual before getting to my side, avoiding my gaze completely as he nods slightly. 

"Alright class, please forgive me for being a couple of minutes late I was dealing with something. Today since it's Friday I've decided to give you a break and we'll be watching a film based in Paris, The Da Vinci Code." 

Most of the class cheered for the easy end of the day, some just sighed and put their heads down. He set up the movie before turning off the lights sitting down in his chair turning his gaze to his phone.  I watch him as his eyes scanned his phone scrolling through whatever he was looking at. 

I haven't paid attention to the movie at all, I've just been watching him which, honestly it probably kinda creepy. Why am I? I don't know...I just want him to look at me or something. He hasn't this whole class he's just been staring at whatever is so interesting on his phone. Before I know it the bell goes off and everyone hurries up gathering their things. Mr.Urie sets his phone to the side as he stretches out in his chair, his arms flexing slightly as he does, which is not a horrible sight to see. "I'll see everyone on Monday where we will get into more pronunciations of words," he explains watching everyone file out. 

"You coming Liz?" Harper grabs my attention and I look up at her. "O-Oh uh yeah I just need to ask Mr.Urie a question quickly, I'll meet you outside okay?" I reassure her and she nods walking out. I watch as he turns the lights back on gathering his stuff together. 

I walk up to his desk waiting for him to acknowledge my existence which seems like he never will. I sigh watching him put papers into his bag "Mr.Urie?". He carries on ignoring me as he grabs his coat putting it on and I cross my arms annoyed "Brendon."

He stops and looks over at me still avoiding eye contact. "Do you need something Miss.Savage?" he asks acting kinda..weird? I make a face trying to get him to look me in the eyes, feeling a bit uncomfortable that he won't. "Are you alright? What's wrong with you? You haven't looked at me once which is not like you at all. Is this about this morning?" I ask him and he sighs. 

"I have somewhere I need to go. I will see you on Monday." he says avoiding my questions as he hurries out of the room until I am standing there alone. 

What the fuck was that? 
It's like he had a complete switch since this morning and it's just odd to see. I should be relieved but all I can feel is bothered by it. I sigh walking out of the school seeing Harper waiting for me.  She looks at me smiling "Ready to head home?"

I nod slightly as we both walk to her car, myself deep in thought as I get in. 

"Everything alright? You seem puzzled." she asks and I nod thinking. "Yeah just thinking about some stuff. Nothing to worry about" I explain and she starts the car driving to my house.

The only thing I seem to be thinking about at this point is Brendon.