Chapter 18

Before I knew it, it was 6 o'clock which means I now have to wait for Noah to pick me up and take me to the party...
Then came 7 o'clock...
Then 8....5 texts later at 8:30 and I have yet to hear a reply from him. He totally blew me off for no reason and am stuck with no ride. I attempt to call him and only get sent to his voicemail causing me to groan.

The fuck is his problem? Maybe he simply just forgot. Its Halloween though its kinda hard to forget.

I sigh before dialling up Harpers number hearing two rings before she actually picks up.

"Helllloooo?"

"Hey uh Noah kinda blew me off think you could pick me up quick? Just show up to the party together?" I ask her. I could hear her concern through the phone as she agreed while asking if anything happened between him and I. Once I told her no we both hung up and i was stuck waiting again.

I rub my arms feeling a bit chilly and go back into my house rushing up to my room looking for something to wear but all I had was hoodies and I really didn't want to mess up the wig. I then saw the leather jacket and with a huff, grabbed it sliding it on before going back outside. It still smelt a little like him and the scent brings me a little bliss.

As i walk out i see Harpers car and quickly hop into the passenger side before she speeds off.

"I love the jacket where'd you get it from?" She asks looking back and forth from me and to the road. "Oh just borrowing it from a friend i still have to return it."

With that she nodding and pulled up in front of a house that had bright lights flashing near the windows and loud beats coming from within the inside.

"Guess this is the place!" Harper says excitedly as she parks her car, quickly getting out. I observe the house a bit more before getting out of her vehicle as well walking over to the house with her.

"Harper I look fucking dumb without Noah here. Nobody is going to know what my costume is." I groan walking up the pathway, passing some teens sprawled out across the front yard going up to the porch.

"You'll be fine. Once you've had a couple drinks you won't even think about your costume, let alone Noah. Screw him. He had his chance to take you and he blew it. Lets just have fun and let loose!" She exclaims pulling my arm as she pushes through the front door.

I am met with the mixed smells of sweaty teens, alcohol, and weed as we scurry through the crowd of scattered monsters, play boy bunnies, and half assed costumes to make our way to the drink table.

Harper grabs one of the red solo cups filling it with whatever mystery mixed liquid that sat in the punch bowl before handing it to me and pouring one for herself.

"To us! Fuck anyone else who tries to hurt us or stop us from living our lives tonight!" She shouts holding her cup in the air with pride causing me to laugh. Clinking my cup against hers, I down the red liquid that tasted mostly of paint thinner and hand sanitizer with a slight hint of cherry causing my face to pucker.

"That shit is disgusting...give me another."

//

I slowly awaken to the sunlight starting to shine in my eyes starting up a scorching migraine earning a painful groan out of my mouth. I roll over pulling my pillow over my head trying to block the light out as much as possible which I somewhat accomplished.

After around 5 minutes of getting annoyed with the birds chirping I throw my pillow away from me towards the corner of my room earning a loud crash causing me to wince from the loud noise.

The fuck could possibly be over there?

I slowly opened my eyes, rubbing them in order to help them adjust as the slowly focus on my surroundings....which made me learn something very quickly...

I'm not in my house, let alone my room.

I feel a sense of panic as I look around trying to remember how I got in this room but its only blank. This is why I shouldn't drink.

I look at the nightstand next to me and see that there is a picture frame sat a top of it and i quickly grab it hoping to maybe get some answers as to where I am and who i am with. With my eyes struggling to focus on the picture i jump from a voice coming over from the doorway of the bedroom.

"Good morning sleeping beauty seems like someone had a rough night."

Brendon.

How the fuck did I end up here?

I drop the picture frame down and trying to stand up but groan out in pain grabbing at my ankle as he quickly rushes over, setting a cup down on the nightstand while helping me back on the bed.

"Relax. You rolled your ankle pretty bad last night. I'll get you some ice for it in a couple minutes." He smiles kindly as he helps me sit up in the bed. "H-How did I even get here? How did you know I was at the party...oh my god did I come here on my own...did we?!" I ask starting to grow a bit anxious as I look at my apparel, only consisting of my top and underwear.

He chuckled sitting on the corner of the bed, gently rubbing my arm trying to help me relax. "As much as I would've loved to no we didn't. I may want to do that but I respect your consent for it while you're sober. I was sorta at the party as well one of my buddies dragged me along and I saw you just so happened to be there kinda hammered. You started to uh get a bit messy then you ran into me, said a couple things, tried to walk off but rolled your ankle, so I just took you back here."

I sat there listening to him trying to process what he was telling me. He actually helped me knowing there wouldn't be any benefit to him even though he could've taken advantage of me very easily. Knowing the kinda drunk I am, with what I said probably could've been considered as consent.

"Okay but how did i end up in just my shirt and underwear?" I ask crossing my arms.

He laughed a bit and scratched the back of his neck "Well I was taking off some of the makeup I had on last night in the bathroom when I heard you shouting about how warm it was in there and how it was basically the barracks of hell with how hot it was."

My face grew red and i sighed looking down, feeling embarrassed about the entire thing. The fact he had to be the one to look after me as well? Fuck.

I go to say something before a shooting pain goes through my head earning a painful gasp and my eyes to squint.

"Here give me your hand." He asks and i slowly put my hand out for him as he places 4 little white pills in the center and he reaches over grabbing the glass from the night stand.

"Take those. You'll feel better afterwards trust me. Heres some water as well that I expect you to drink all of. You have a nasty hangover doll." He smiles sweetly watching as i carefully take the pills, downing the water almost instantly, the sensation feeling amazing as it hydrates my throat.

I breath out trying to catch my breath after basically chugging it earning a small chuckle from Brendon. He carefully takes the glass from me as he gets up walking towards the door.

"I'm making some breakfast currently. If you want to have a shower you are more then welcomed to. After you eat i'll take you home." He explains while walking over almost out of the room.

"Brendon?"

"Hmph?" He replies looking over his shoulder at me.

"Thank you."