Chapter 4

I currently stand here, looking at my boring self in the mirror. My wet black hair just falls below my shoulders, my tan skin glows under my shitty bathroom light. I look at my curves and sigh at the sight. I know most girls lately are hopping on the 'i'm so thick and beautiful' trend but...I just don't see it in myself. My whole life I've always had an eating problem enough to the point I was self-conscious. Am I huge? No, I know better than that but am I like the rest of those skinny girls at school? Negative, no thigh gap here.

I throw my hair up into a bun making sure every hair is in and I decide why not and put some eyeliner on. I was never a super make-up-ie girl growing up. Foundation bugs my skin, fake lashes blind me, and my eyebrows are thick enough to not need to be blended in with black. I make a short wing making sure to even them out on both sides. Looks good enough to me.

I wrap my towel around me walking into my room looking at my closet. I check the time quickly.
7:45
"Shit"
I've gotta be ready in 5 minutes for Harper to grab me and take me to school.

I throw my towel to the side an put a white bra and underwear on then grabbing the first thing I see and sliding it on. Great. A sundress how lovely. I look at myself in the mirror admiring the casual white dress with sunflowers all over it. Just flowy to be comfortable enough and not feel too formal y' know? I guess I could live with the choice. I grab my shoes and rush downstairs while putting them on. My mom is over in the kitchen reading the paper by the counter and she looks up startled by how quickly I move by.

"You are going to be late hun." She looks at me stating the obvious After I've tied my other shoe I grab my bag and look at her. "Obviously. I love you I'll see you after schoo-" I stop mid-sentence and sigh. Detention, with the Model of the Year. How fucking fun. "You'll see me after 5 most likely. I've gotta do a project with Harp. I'll have her take me home. Love you!" I explain walking to the door. She doesn't need to know I got detention. She overly stresses out on me for every minor inconvenience that happens in my life. It gets tiring after a while and right now I am just not in the mood for a lecture.

I shut the door running out to the front of my house, Harper pulling up and I quickly crash into her passenger seat. "Go, Go , Go ,Go!" I tell her pumping the imaginary gas on my side.

She laughs as she goes the speed limit headed to school.

"So I've got some information on the Frenchman again." she giggles and I roll my eyes. "Is he all you ever think about? You know he's not in your life, right? He's just your instructor. " I look at her and she pouts her bottom lip out. "Doesn't mean that I can't know his name is Brendon."

Good to know. I'll keep that in mind. "Speak more so I don't have to hear about this later." I sit scrolling through random social media on my phone. "Well...he's from Las Vegas, he's 25 fresh out of Berkly University and teaching obviously at our school. It doesn't seem like he has a girlfriend....and for the big reveal! I know where he lives! " she basically squeals. I give her a disgusted look "Isn't that kinda creepy Harper. I think you need to chill out a little bit." she shrugs at my reaction.

"Gives me more things to do on the weekend."

//

The bell rings and I gather my things from math class the most disgusting place I've ever been to. Don't get me wrong we all need math in some weird way shape or form but it's just not for me.
And probably half of the U.S population.
I walk to the front and greet Mrs.Robbie "Hey uh...I was wondering if I could get some extra help with the last equation?" I ask her, slightly embarrassed with needing help. She gives me the sweetest smile as I hand her my paper. "Of course sweetheart. So the polynomial..." she goes on to explain the equation but I don't really need to pay attention. I'm stalling.

I do not want to go to french. I'm almost dreading it. He made it clear yesterday that he wanted to see me there. So why not push his buttons a little harder now hm? I'm not giving him the admiration he wants and oh so needs. Just because he gets it from three-fourths of the student body doesn't mean I'll be the one that lets his ego be all high and mighty.

"This gets us our answers of x=-43 and 98. Did I make it easier for you hun?" She looks back up at me. I give her a smile and thank her for her time. She looks at the clock then back at me "Honey you are gonna be late I think you should get going. I wouldn't want you getting detention now!" she says genuinely caring. I nod thanking her again as I walk to the wonderful land of France and sit for the next 40 minutes.