Chapter 32

So from what I gathered for the adventures that are supposed to occur today is that we will be having a nice day of looking around the local area we are staying at and visiting pretty much whatever shops restaurants or tourist attractions that we may want to see. 

The good thing is two groups were made, one who stays with Brendon the other goes with Mrs.Bennet.

How they both are going to handle 9 each? Beats me. 

Granted, Brendon invited only the top students onto the trip and Harper so the majority of them are well behaved to begin with. 

Speaking of Harper, she decided to make a whole list of shops and little cafes that we are going to stop at today as long as Brendon is semi nearby. That's the only rule. We have to stay in the vicinity of our chaperone or at least on the same street. If we get lost we have to call and or text said chaperone. 

Guess I'm not the only student to have Brendons number now. 

Anyway, Harper's long list of places is well, made up of at least 25 stores. Thankfully though they are not too far apart from each other. She mainly wants to stop at this clothing store around the corner called COS. Kinda looked like a modern-day women's clothing store, nothing too crazy but sweaters with scarves in the windows, mostly stuff some of the older teachers at school would wear but hey, if she wants to go we can go. 

I can't really judge though since I'm quite literally wearing a maroon sweater and jeans today. 

I'll fit right in. 

As we walked out of our hotel, our groups separated going in different directions, some crossing the street to the other side, some just walking with the sidewalk. Seemed a bit chaotic but I'm sure we all are mature enough for this. 

Almost immediately, Harper grabs my arm and pulls me at a quick pace in the direction of the store. I turn around to see Brendon laughing and wave as he walks off in the other direction. 

God this going to be a long day with her. 

We entered the store and Harper looked around in amazement.  

"Wow! The French are so stylish! Why can't we be like this in America?" she squeals walking over to a mannequin with a pea-green sweater on and some khakis.  "Harp, Mrs.Bennet has that same outfit, relax. Just don't go wasting all your money in one day okay?" 

//

Only 4 hours and 10 stores including 1 cafe later and Harper is already broke. I so far have only bought one thing and it was a pair of jeans from Levi's. Nothing says Welcome to Paris like a nice lookin' pair of fresh skinny jeans. 

We are currently standing in the middle of some type of boutique that sells jewelry, purses, and other accessories. Harper is chatting it up at the counter paying while I'm just looking at some random things sprawled out across a sale table. 

"So you are from America? What brings you to France?" I hear the clerk talking with a thick french accent as she puts Harper's new sunglasses and wallet in a small paper bag. 

"School trip! Only the top of the class gets to go. We are staying at the Hotel Bachaumont and wow is it beautiful. Your whole country seems so beautiful!" Harper exclaims, her usual excitement in her voice. 

"Wow Hotel Bachaumont, a very beautiful hotel indeed. You know what, how about since you are so sweet and it's your first time in the country, I'll give you this watch for half off its original price just for you." the clerk smiles sweetly showing her and I walk over before Harper can quickly accept the tourist scam of a deal. "She okays she'll just pay for the sunglasses and wallet. We have to head back soon anyway." I cut her off and the clerk sighs as Harper stays silent, paying with her card for only the things she originally put on the counter.