Chapter 30

"We're going to Paris!"

Harper ran up to my locker looking more excited than ever. Well, guess Brendon gave her the news. 

I laugh and start the walk to biology with her. "You aren't mad we are going to miss our Florida trip?". "Not at all! I'll see if I can get a refund on the tickets so we could go another time. Plus a foreign country filled with sights, love, and french men seem like a better deal to me than humidity and waiting in lines for hours at Universal Studios. " She explains enthusiastically.  "Well when you put it that way you make it seem like a miserable time." I smile giggling. She nudged me rolling her eyes. 

"You know what I mean. Maybe we could go in October! It'll be nicer plus it'll be spookier!"

"Sounds like a good plan to me Harp." 

//

2 weeks have gone by and here we are, an airport at 4 o'clock in the morning with 18 high school seniors who look half dead, then there's Harper who is all smiles and giddy. Beats me how she doesn't look like she got hit like a bus like some of us. 

We're all sat in seats by where the boarding area is waiting for our flight to be called. Security was kinda a bitch. Also never really knew how popular 4:30 flights were. I also hardly bothered to get dressed. I kept the same hoodie on that I was wearing the night previous and just threw on sweatpants and some slides and boom, my feet are cold but at least I'm in a comfy ass outfit. 

I lay my head back on the seat closing my eyes to get at least a couple of minutes of sleep before we board but am brought out by a tap on my shoulder. 

I groan and look over, still feeling miserable "Harper I get you are excited but please just let me chill for 2 seconds.." then I was fully focused and saw that it was Brendon holding a tacky cardboard cup. 

"You seem so lively right now it's great." he chuckles handing me the warm cup. I stare at it then look back at him almost clueless at what it could be. 

"Coffee. You need it." 

My face quickly goes into an O as I finally understand and I take a big gulp from it. 

"I'm sorry I don't usually function before 7:30, or if I'm sleep deprived, same difference at this point." I explain and he chuckles again. "Wheres Harper?" I ask him, the coffee almost immediately making me feel slightly better.  "She went with Mrs.Bennet and a couple of other students to grab something from Mcdonald's before getting on the flight." he said and I groaned once again. "You couldn't have gone with them and grabbed me something? I whine and he rolled his eyes smiling and he sat down and placed a small bag in my lap that had a Starbucks logo on it. 

"You should tell me these things before I open my mouth." I tell him before quickly opening the bag to find a warm cheese danish sitting at the bottom. I quickly grab it out and start to eat it and sigh happily. "Thank you for dealing with me right now." I say eating it and he nods smiling. 

"Of course. Plus this gives us a little time to be alone until we board." He then quickly kisses my cheek before anyone can notice and I blush rolling my eyes. "You are lucky the two that are here have headphones on and are basically passed out." I say gesturing to the two boys slumped in some seats down from us. This caused him to laugh and he checked his watch before standing up. "Have to give seating arrangements to everyone once they get back." 

"Oh you put me next to Harper right?" I ask him and he smirks. 

"Not exactly." 

As if on cue the group of 17 and 1 Mrs.Bennet returned chit-chatting and shoving their various McMuffins and Hashbrowns down their throats as they all took their seats again. Brendon walked over to Mrs.Bennet speaking to her as I brought my attention to Harper.