Chapter 23

I watched as Noah stood up a look of confusion across his face, the same happening with Brendon. Brendon goes to turn his head to look but I quickly stop him and make sure i move away from him. "When I get out just drive off okay?" I tell him and he nods slightly.

I sigh not wanting to deal with explaining all this to Noah as I get out of Brendons car and lean down before shutting the door and day loud enough for Noah to hear "Thank you so much again for the ride I appreciate it!"

Brendon smiles giving me a wink and says quietly "I'll text you late Eliza." and he drives off once I shut the door.

I look up and start to walk over to where Noah is standing with his arms crossed.
"Who was that and why was he dropping you off right now? Your mom told me you were with Harper?" He says, obviously annoyed.

"I was walking back home and he gave me a ride. That was actually Mr.Urie so relax. Shouldn't I be the one questioning you since you not only ditched me on Halloween, but haven't talked to me since? It's literally December next week and you are now just deciding to try and talk to me?" I say also annoyed.

His face changed from a hard look to soft almost immediately. He looks down rubbing the back of his neck not saying a word.

"Really? Thats it? Why the fuck are you even here Noah?" I ask him only growing more annoyed. "I-I just wanted to talk to you about all that I was...I was was going to try and tell you that i'm sorry. I didn't mean to drop you at the party and go MIA. Its just...at the movies when you got all handsy and stuff thats kinda new to me and I wasn't sure if I was really ready for all of that. Instead of trying to talk to you about it I sorta ran off...so i'm really sorry Liz." he explain looking up at me, speaking genuinely.

I sigh and look down as well.

"I didn't mean to scare you off like that. I only did that because I thought thats what guys now a days like."

The lie rolls smoothly off my tongue. I know at least one guy who would've like what I did.

He smiles slightly and reaches for my hand taking it in his gently "You don't ever have to do anything sexual for me that you don't want. I promise. Like I said i'm not even that ready for that stuff."

I look at him and can't help but feel bad. In retrospect, I am kinda using him as a cover up for Brendon so no one would be suspicious. Honestly makes me feel like shit, but I also do really like Noah so my feelings aren't completely false.

"So what do you say we start over and forget those things ever happened?" He asks.

"Yeah. I'd like that."

//

Walking into school on Monday was a complete blur, most days were lately. Harper bombarded me with questions that were none of her business about Noah and I getting back together. Brendon and I were texting more then ever and not everything being said was clean. And Noah made it his point to basically show the whole school we were back together.

As the days went by, it was finally the day before winter vacation. 3 weeks of just staying home, opening gifts, drinking in the new year, and sleeping in. The only thing i'm not looking forward to is not seeing Brendon in person for that long. I know what you are thinking, can't you just sneak over? No actually, Sarah is staying with him for the holidays so she can meet his parents.

Insert eye-roll here.

I get their relationship I do, but he's the one who said he wanted me and if she saw what he's been texting to me as well I think that would really show it.

Unless he is also just using Sarah like I am Noah...just a little bit too well.

None the less Brendon and I have yet to even fool around since I was over his house. There has been teasing here and there and phone sex galore but i'm yearning for more. I want his hands on me. No, I need his hands on me.

I stand at my locker shoving my bag in the not so big space getting frustrated as its not fitting in.

"Merry Christmas!!!!" I jump at the loud voice booming next to me causing me to drop my bag and I look at the overly excited Harper.
"Was that seriously necessary? Its not even Christmas yet." I grumble picking my bag up frustrated.

"It is in 4 days! Don't be such a grinch!" She says happily taking my bag for me and carefully maneuvering it into my locker and shutting the door. I can't help but feel relieved and defeated at the same time at how easy she got the bag in but at least I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Harper then pulls out a small card from her bag handing it to me with a wide smile on her face. "Open it!" She says, very impatient with how slow i'm being and i chuckle opening the envelope, a picture of her and I when we were younger falling out with two pieces of paper. I smile looking at the picture remembering the day.

We were both 9 and it was her birthday party. I was the only one who showed up and although she was disappointed we both made the very best of it, and from then on we've been best friends since.

I look at the two papers and realize they are tickets to go to Florida in February.
"Holy shit Harp you didn't have to do this." I say a bit shocked and she shakes her head.

"I wanted to. We've always wanted to got to Universal so it will be a good time to go since the heat won't be too bad." She explains and I quickly hug her.

"Thank you Harper seriously. I love you and appreciate you so much." I squeeze her tight and i feel her pull away, a huge smile plastered on her face "I know you do. Come on now we don't want to be late for french."

Ah yes, we really don't want to be late to see you know who.