Chapter 25

I gasp slightly and he moves swiftly, picking me up to place me on top of his desk before he roughly connects his lips with mine.

I quickly kiss him back finally fulfilling that thirst for his touch i've been wanting these past few days. He his lips move down to my neck as he nibbles gently at my skin , a small moan escaping my mouth. He does this going towards my ear as he whispers "Y'know, I actually don't leave until tomorrow afternoon."

This caused me to smirk as i moved my hand against his chest "And you wanted to inform me of this why?"

He let out a low chuckle before pulling away slightly, only leaving a couple inches between us. "I may have something in mind later. An unexpected surprise you could say." He explain as he hand moved up playing with the ends of my hair. "What is it you have in mind?"

"Thats what i can't tell you doll. Wouldn't be a surprise if i told you. Although, i do have something for you now." He said move away a bit more as he opened one of his desk drawers. I watched feeling intrigued, wondering what he could possibly even pull out. No way would he keep something sexual in his desk...right?

He pulls out a small rectangular box, wrapped nicely in red and white Christmas themed paper...seems like the size of a small..he wouldn't..

"Open it." He smiled sweetly at me, that adoring smile i love to see in more intimate moments like this. Makes me feel like its more of the genuine him then the tough guy who only wants sex type of deal.

I took the box and carefully unwrapped it revealing a blank black box. I removed the top and a small necklace laid inside with the single letter B attached to it. I looked up smiling at him "Whats this?"

"Figured i could give you something to let others know you are mine without being too obvious about it. Serves as a reminder to me as well that when I look at you I know you want me as well." He explained looking at me as my face blushed.

I sat there unable to come up with words.
Mine
His
The words i've also been wanting the past couple of days.
"If I do wear this though, I need to seriously know that you arent just that douchey asshole trying to sleep with me."
This caused him to roll his eyes and sigh "Do you really think I would be giving this to you if thats all I wanted Liz?" he said sounded a bit disappointed. That in itself let me know he was serious.

A small smile creeped onto my face as i took it out of the box "Put it on me?"

His face grew into a smile as he took it from me and he moved around the desk to stand behind me. I moved my hair out of the way before his clasped it around my neck gently, leaving a warm gently kiss behind my neck as well. He moved back around and directly looked down at the danty necklace around my neck.

"Perfect." He smiled happily.

I smile and pull him back closer to me by his shirt getting rid of the space before he could move any further away "Now where were we?"

"Actually darling I have to go now. Have plans later that I have to fulfill." He says giving me a wink. I sigh dropping my arms down feeling slightly annoyed. "Seriously? After the build up and the necklace?"

"Unfortunately. You will hear from me later though I do promise that." He smiles grabbing his coat from the back of his chair. I remember what he said before about the surprise later and i fill with excitement more so then disappointment. I could only imagine what the surprise he has entails.

I move off of his desk fixing my clothing before looking at him.

"Alright. Let me know about y'know."

"Oh trust me I will don't you worry." He says smirking before pecking my lips and saying goodbye before hurrying out the door.

I smile to myself before putting my hand against the necklace feeling the single letter between my fingers. Cheesy? Maybe a bit. But its the thought that counts with Brendon. I look at this as a huge step in whatever we are. For what its worth at least he finally referred to me as his.

//

I walk in the door of my house feeling that rush of relief from the warm inside. I set my things aside and move towards the stairs seeing my mother in the kitchen.

"Hey Ma, just want to let you know i might be going over Harpers tonight."

I go to take my first step before she shouts "Actually you can't tonight, we are having a guest over i need you to dress up nicely as well for this please."

I stop in my tracks turning to her.
"Can't i just skip out please? It's kind of important." I ask sighing. Anything but tonight. I don't want to miss out on Brendon and not be able to see him for 2 weeks.

"Sorry honey. I don't ask much of you but this is something good. Please go get changed he'll be here in an hour."

I sigh nodding and head upstairs going to my room. This is bullshit. Probably just another one of her god awful picks from some dating app that she needs the approval from her children to date. We've had around 4 of these dinners in the past 3 months and its been nothing but awkward. 

I'll just wait for Brendon to text me about the surprise. Maybe dinner will even end before he even texts me so it could all still work out.

After an hour or so of getting ready, i settle on a regular black dress I had that fitted my form just ever so slightly and stopped near my knee, put on some eyeliner in a wing and still have yet to even figure out shoes. Do i even need to wear shoes? Its my house.

"Elizabeth! Jeremiah! Please get down here he'll be here any minute!"

I groan standing up as i just grab these random black slip on shoes I have laying around before walking into the hallway and see Jeremiah.

"Jay do you know whats up?" I ask.

He was wearing jeans and a flannel completely bundled up, just the kinda formal wear you could expect from him. He shrugs before walking downstairs myself soon to follow. My mother motions for me to come over and hands me a bowl full of lettuce.

"Put that on the table for me please?"
I nod in response and ask while going over "So uh whats this all about? Another match?"

"No no no. No dates to show off tonight. Actually this is all about you-" shes cut off by a knock on the door. "Lizzy please go grab that while i get the last of the things ready!"

I groan at the use of my childhood nickname and walk over to the front door. All about me? Is she trying to set ME up with somebody? Maybe my dad is coming around to talking about college shit for me?

I open the door and stand there a bit stunned and shocked looking at the man suited up in front of me. Black slacks, black suit jacket, white button up, and that perfect slicked back hair. That old cocky smile popped onto his face as he notices my reaction.

"Surprise darling."