Chapter 2💔

August and Imani both show up at the restaurant. They see his mother and father and heads towards them.

"Remember what I said August. I'm not playing." Imani says right before they arrive at the table.

"Yes babe."

"Hi mommy." Imani says to August's mother.

"Hello Mr. Alsina."

One thing about August's dad he didn't like Imani. He knew the girl was using her son so he put a limitation on what August was allowed to spend. He tolerates her because of his wife. If it was up to him his son would've had somebody who made a life for herself not just some gold digging Instagram famous nobody.

He hates when they show up and August says nothing unless is asked a question and barely made any eye contact with anyone. His father knew nothing about what was going on.

"You ready for your first album to drop?"

"He's so excited. Isn't that right baby?" Imani says.

"Yeah." August says dryly.

"Imani I asked my son."

"Sorry. I'm just excited for him."

"Mmm anyways son we're having you a album party the night it drops. When you come in for work we have loads of things to do especially with the party planner and your fitting for your outfit."

"Are they going to be women?" Imani says.

"Who? And why does it matter Imani my son needs to be ready for his party. Mind your business this is between us."

"But he's my boyfriend."

"That is my son. Like I said it doesn't matter."

"Dad please can you make sure they're not women I don't want any trouble."

"I agree. No women should be touching our son but Imani."

"Babe you have never done that to me so why do it to our son?"

"I don't want him to lose someone like her. He needs someone like that in his life."

"Oh please. This relationship won't be long."

"Why is th-" Imani started off but the waitress came.

"Here are the appetizers you order sir. Are y'all ready to order? For you two what would you like to drink?" The waitress says.

"Can I have a water and he would like- what would you like babe?"

"Can I get a sprite." He says with his head down.

"Okay for your orders?"

"Can I have a chicken salad." Imani says.

"Make that two."

"I want the steak medium well."

"What kind of sides would you like sir?"

"I want the mashed potatoes and asparagus.

"Okay, and lastly what would you like?"

"Can I have the um chicken and shrimp alfredo."

"Yes sir. Your orders will be out soon." The waitress says then leaves.

Imani grips August's thigh and he jumps a little. He already knew he was gonna get it which wasn't his fault that the lady was doing her job and being nice. He sighs and grabs his phone and connects his airpods to his phone. Once he puts them in his ear he leans up against the wall that was besides him.