Chapter 19💔

Unedited

"He left me and ruined my image."

"Well, I see why. One you got caught cheating on camera and then you blew off the surprise when I told you to go. Karma is a bitch."

"Yeah, but I needed him."

"You didn't. You chose to use him. We deserved to get exposed. Also abuse really Imani?"

"What you actually believe that?"

"I mean yeah. I remember when we got hella drunk and I went over there. I saw a man. I remember we forced them in the basement, but you mad up some stupid ass excuse like you always do. You lied to me. You told me august was always working not the fact that you made him leave just to cheat. I saw the messages and I also asked him for more, they were horrible. you basically bullied him and mentally abused him for your benefits. Also, those bruises don't look fake, he still have some on his body right now."

"Either way it doesn't matter. He finally left me."

"It does matter to me. Instead of leaving you abused him. I am no better because I basically allowed it. I helped you cheat on him and he's innocent as fuck."

"You're not gonna leave me, are you?" Imani says. She was genuinely hurt.

"I don't know how I feel to be with someone who is okay with being manipulative and abusive. I love you I do but I'm not finna be your next victim."

"You're not though, I actually love you."

"You loved august at some point too. I'll let you stay for a couple days but then you'd have to leave. I talked to your moms, and she said you can come home. I'll buy you a ticket to go back home."

"The fact you would leave me over a little ass boy tells me something about you."

"He's not a little ass boy. He put up with yo bullshit because he loved you. If roles were reversed, he'd be in jail right now. Matter of fact I'll get you a hotel. Get yo shit and come on. Leave the car keys cuz imma give them that car back."

Hours later in August house

"August I'm glad you got away from all the negativity."

"I am too. you and jasmine made it possible for me so thank you."

"As jasmine puts it 'you needed a lil push.'"

They heard someone knocking at the door and then it opened.

"Hey dad. What are you doing here?"

"We need to talk."

"About what?"

"Is it true that Carter raped you? Be honest with me."

"Yes, but it was only one time."

"How old were you and did you tell your mother?"

"He was sexually assaulting until I was 15. It started when your career just started, and you were barely home. Around 15 he raped me. I did tell mom weeks after it happened, but she didn't believe me."

"What happened the day you told her?"

Flashback

"Mom, can I talk to you?"

"Yeah, sweetie come sit on my bed."

"This is hard for me. I'm sorry if I make you upset about the situation but I'm tired of being scared."

"What's going on August. Do we need to tell your father?"

"No, he'll get mad."

"Okay. What did you do?"

"Uncle Carter had raped me a couple weeks ago but before that he'd touch me here and there for like two years now."

"You're lying why would my brother touch his nephew?"

"Mom I'm not lying. I would never lie about something serious as rape. I can't even be in the dark anymore because of it. I'm tired of feeling afraid."

"Sweetheart I'm not saying it didn't happen I just don't think my brother would do something like that to you. You probably got him confused with someone else."

"But I don't though. I thought you'd actually believe me. I knew I shouldn't have told you."

"I want you to be able to talk to me I'm your mother. We need to file a report."

"I'm not filling shit. You wanna put someone who's not accountable in jail than your own brother who did it. I should've told dad."

"You can't tell your father."

"Why is that?"

"You can't tell him because I know my brother. If you get my brother hurt, I will be upset because of all this confusion. I promise baby he didn't touch you. Someone else could've done it. Men don't rape boys."

"You sound stupid." August says then walks out.

After that he decided to never really come home and gone into gang related stuff.

End of flashback

"I literally talked to her, and she lied to my face. Why would you pick someone over your child. Ion give a fuck who it is. You should've told me August. He would've been handled nicely."

"She feels like a man can't do anything wrong."

"But you were with Imani?"

"I understand somewhat where she's coming from. She didn't want him in jail."

"That's doesn't matter. He got some comin for him."

"Dad this is why I didn't wanna tell you."

"You should've. Your mother is just as bad as him. She believed another person over her child then had the nerve to not tell the father of their child. Do you know how this hurts me cuz I didn't know, and you went through something I could've helped with, so you weren't alone. You wouldn't have ended up doing bad shit just so you wouldn't go home or be around. You can't even sleep in the dark August. I don't want him doing this to other children. He probably has victims now. I wish someone would've told me when it was happening to you."

"I know and I'm sorry. Also, he touched me recently too."

"When?"

"The night y'all came over here and I had to sit by him. Don't get mad at Luna, I made her keep this secret. That's how we ended up moving spots. He put his hand in my pants."

"I'm going to beat his ass."

"I know how much you love mom, and I don't want you to leave her behind this."

"You deserve so much more. I don't think I can lay in the same bed as a woman who chose a rapist over her son."