Chapter 13💔

Unedited

Luna got invited to August's lunch thing. She had got back last night when Mrs. Alsina invited her. She wanted to go because she hasn't seen August in a week and she wanted to see her friend.

She got dressed in a cute outfit and headed to August's house. Security let her in and she parks her car. She notices everyone was here and she knocks on the door.

"Luna?" August questions as he opens the door.

"Heyy August."

"What are you doing here?"

"Mrs. carinae invited me and I got back last night. I would've told you, but I don't have your number."

"I'm glad you're here my uncle is here."

"Who invited him?"

"My mother and Imani. Imani wants me to face my fears."

"That's not the wa- okay let's go in the house. If you feel uncomfortable I need you to leave or something. It's like they want you to have a panic attack."

"Okay but I'll be fine. I should be able to fake it just for them."

"It shouldn't be like that August."

"I know."

They made august sit right next to his uncle and his uncle kept putting his hand on him inappropriately under the table. Since he was scared of his uncle, to his uncle that was a good thing because it meant he was still vulnerable. He knew he'd still be able to get his ways even as an adult and to the uncle August grew up to be a finer looking man.

His uncle would say things like august you grew up to be a fine young man. Or he'd say something off guard to make august uncomfortable. Anthony was weirded out by it but he didn't know if it's cuz he hasn't been speaking to august until now and didn't know what to say or he's just a weird ass individual.

August would move his uncles hand just for it to go right back. He lost it when his uncle tried to put his hand in his sweatpants.

August gets up and leaves the dinning room.

"Imani aren't you going to see what's wrong with my son?" Anthony asks as August walks upstairs.

"Nope. Ain't nothing wrong with him. He's a grown man. He's fine."

"Bitch." Anthony starts but didn't finish.

"Luna please go check on my son. Maybe they are arguing or something which is why he left." Anthony adds.

He knew August was open with her, so he asked her.

"No, he's fine like I said." Imani says getting mad.

"Girl sit yo weird ass down. You should be checking on him yourself. You probably did it and he needs someone to comfort him."

Luna finds him in a guest room curled in the bed crying facing the door. She closes the door and locks it.

"August baby what's wrong?"

"I thought I could do it, but he ended up touching me at the table."

"He did what? That's fucking disgusting. He's a grown ass man he needs to be put in jail."

"I need to man up. Why am I such a fucking pussy. I don't understand why I am like this. I am a grown ass fucking man and all I do is coward."

"You don't need to do anything. Nothing is wrong with you. He caused you trauma and if you can't handle it yet that's okay. At the end of the day you're stronger than you think you are. A lot of people would've tried to end their lives by now. You are a man and you clearly need help seeing your worth August."

August wipes his face and relaxes a bit.

"What do you want to do? Do you wanna stay up here or go back down there?"

"Imma go back down there but can we switch spots? My uncle won't touch you I promise. He's a gay male I promise but if he was to I'd kill him for touching you."

"August." Luna says when he got really serious.

"I'm deadass."

"Oh I know but I'll switch with you august I don't mind. Also I know he won't touch me plus I got pepper spray but I understand."

They walk back downstairs and they switch seats. Everyone looked at them oddly but continued to talk and eat. Carinae and Imani knew August didn't feel comfortable sitting by his uncle so they figured Luna either knew or he convinced her to switch spots.

That definitely didn't satisfy Imani one bit. She knew for a fact she didn't like Luna but it's even stronger now. She saw Luna as a threat to her now.

"Sooo Luna what do you do for a living?" Imani decides to ask.

"Oh I'm a fashion designer, a part time model, and I also do YouTube content. I usually just blog my day or I create my designs on my channel."

"Interesting. You must bring in lots of money."

"I wouldn't say that. Most of my money goes to my family."

"Is it rude to ask but why is that?"

"Oh no I'm an open book. My father has brain cancer and I help pay the medical bills and if my parents need it I give them money."

"I hope your father gets better."

"Thank you. What about you, what do you do?"

"I'm a social media influencer. I create dance content, do YouTube collabs, or post TikTok's. I don't have a YouTube channel I don't know if I want one but my sister does."

"YouTube is fun. You should. Maybe you could be in one of my videos one day."

"Maybe we'll see."

Everyone ate and they left. August left with his father to record another song with another artist but I'm reality he was doing something else. Imani decides to call her other boyfriend since he called earlier.

"What did I tell you about calling when he's around?" Imani says mad.

"I didn't think he'd be home. It was like seven am."

"I'll call you when he's not around babe."

"Okay."

"You want me to come over?"

"Yeah. I dropped off Malaya to her mother. Maybe you can spend the night."

"Okay let me call August to let him know."

"Ight ill see you soon baby."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

They hang up and she calls August.