Chapter 8💔

Unedited

"I try to be a man around her but sometimes that isn't enough."

That cut deep into Luna's head. He said it so monotoned and nonchalant. She just had a feeling they cut that into his head to make him feel he had to be a man. After their talk he apologized for crying and made sure that she wasn't upset with him for crying and talking about his problems to her.

The rest of the party she made sure he wasn't around his uncle and that pissed Imani off. Surprisingly when August and Imani went him she didn't put her hands on him for being around Luna. She just left him home alone after a couple hours.

Jasmine and Luna were in her living room laughing and talking about people they've encountered at the party.

"I noticed you and August. I was going to let you tell me but I'm curious now.

"There's not much we actually talked to each other and we just stayed together after." Luna says not wanting to tell his business.

"So? That's it?"

"Yeah what else do you want. He has a girlfriend." Luna says.

"You right."

"Exactly. August is a nice guy and if he wasnt with Imani ion think he'd go for me anyways."

"Girl if you're talking about your size imma slap the fuck out of you. If a nigga can't love you regardless of your own individual beauty then they're not shit."

"Ever since Zack I've tried dating and they've always had a problem with my weight. I just wants someone to love me for me."

"You'll find that someone babes. Don't go searchin it'll come to you."

"You're right. Imma chill on looking for love and focus on myself a little more."

"I just know you and august though will be in loveeeee."

"Girl bye."

"August you're pathetic. For you to be an Alsina we did not raise you to be a coward. First you lie on your uncle and now you don't even speak?" Carinae says over the phone.

"Mom-"

"Don't mom me! That is my brother. You lied on my brother and you want me to believe you? Then you disrespect not only him but the entire family by not speaking. He didn't rape you August get the fuck over it. Now I'm done talking. Act like a man." His mother says then hangs up.

August lays on the floor in the basement. When Imani got home she was drunk and brought a guy over. They both forcefully made him go down to the basement. If August stood by the door to listen he could hear them having sex so he just went deeper into the basement.

The man didn't realize it was August because he was also drunk and high to really tell who he was. This took August by surprise because he's never witnessed Imani cheating on him before. It hurt his feelings to see someone he loved cheat right in front of him and he couldn't do anything about it.

All those times he gave her what she wanted and she still decides to cheat on him. Something made him record the sound upstairs and hide it. Then he tried to force himself to go to sleep.

August wakes up to water being thrown on him.

"Wake up. Your father called and said you was supposed to be at work hours ago. I told him you got drunk last night and overslept. Now go get dressed and go." Imani says.

August rushes upstairs and gets dressed. He tries kissing Imani but she moves away from him and stares.

"I'm sorry and I love you. I'll see you later."

"Not gonna be here for a week. I'm going on a trip with my girls."

"Oh. Why for a whole week though babe?"

"Why the fuck are you questioning me?" Imani says getting all aggressive.

"I'm just curious baby. My bad"

"Don't have no bitches over August or expect to get yo ass beat. I'm not playing."

"Okay babe. See you and have fun." August sighs.

"Oh I definitely will."

August gets in his car and drives to the studio.

"So we drinking now?" Anthony says as August walks in.

His father knew his son didn't drink so he knew it had something to do with Imani.

"I- uh."

"Son save it. Anyways I wanted you here hours ago so you could record your song with Trinidad James. He prerecorded since he had other things to do. You let yourself down son."

"I know and I'm sorry. I didn't know what time of the day it was. My phone is dead."

"What you mean? Also why is your phone dead? You make sure it's charged every night."

August looks around and changes the subject.

"Can we start recording please?"

"Yeah then we're going on a lunch break. Also we need to get you fitted for billboards music awards."

"Yes sir."

"Girl, you been around the block
And I been on that CÎROC
Got your man circling your block
Maybe ′cause I'm everything you're not
See I ain′t no bitch nigga, no rich nigga
No snitch nigga, I′m a real nigga, that's real nigga
I′m just tryna chill 'cause

I′m way too drunk to be talking like this
I'm way too high to be tripping like this
Way too young to be living like this
Ask me why I do it? I′ma put it like this"

When it came down to the words 'Way too young to be living like this.
Ask me why I do it? I′ma put it like this' August felt that a little more than anything.