Chapter Five: A New Day

One day till the weekend. That's what I'm thinking about while walking to school. Oh how badly I wanted this Labor Day weekend to be here. Just to stay at home doing nothing but hanging around town with Jake going to the creek.

Ellen was again, gone before we woke up, but I left my disciplinary note on the table for her.As usual Jake walked with me to school, but we walked in silence. Not an uncomfortable silence, but there was a bit of tension from yesterday's events. I hope we don't have to deal with them today. Or Jesse's group for that matter either. He was gone before we got up, thank god. Wonder what he thought about yesterday.

(Time skip brought to you by Hopper's note to El)

Math class came along sooner than later. I walked through the door looking at the seat behind be waiting to meet the eyes of the bowl cut kid. But I never met them.He wasn't there.

What the hell? He not in class? No, no, no there's still time before class. There's no way he's not here. I walk to my seat and sit down hesitantly. Why am I even worried if he's in class? I don't care. He'll show up and it will be a normal day.He never showed up.

Math class ended and I left with every thought going through my head. Why wasn't Will in class? Is he the only one not here or is Jane gone too? Jane... Jake's right about her. She really does look familiar, I just don't know where.

In my daze I ended up running into something. Or- someone."Hey! Watch where your go-" a voice started until we made eye contact. And what do you know, it's Noah standing there with a dumbfounded look on his face. We stand there, me giving him the stare down of his life, then I walk past him, nudging him with my shoulder. Man let me tell you that felt good!

(Another time slip because Joyce said I could)

End of the day, thank god. I told Jake I would meet him back at the house, but I needed some time to just think about everything. I decide to walk by the creek. It starts on the side of the school, and runs along side town passing through where we live. The sound of the water flowing along with the birds and scenery, it's my go to place whenever I feel lost. So I'm here quite often.Once next to the creek, I just start walking. If the thoughts come I'll deal with them, but not right this moment. They can wait just a bit.

Even though it's about a 20 minute walk on the creek path from school to the house, I was there a lot sooner than I anticipated. Time really flew by. I walk up to the house and through the front door, suddenly really hungry.

"Jake! Where are you?" Silence. No way I made it back before him. Not really worried, I go into the kitchen, grab an apple and head upstairs. "Jake? You home?"

"Uh, y-yea! In the room!" Cool. I walk and open the door to our room and instead of seeing just Jake, I see Will, Jane, and a very distraught Jake. What the-

"Fuck?"

_____________________________________________________

Fuck indeed

-Blue