Chapter Six: Discovered

"Fuck," I repeated. That's the only word I can say. No other words come to mind. With all the thoughts I had on my mind a while ago I cannot think of a single one to say. I almost want to pinch myself and say I'm dreaming, but that does not seem to be the case.

Eventually, I muster up some words to say, "Does someone want to tell me what the hell is going on here?" This really felt like deja vu from yesterday. Jake looks absolutely terrified, Will is looking as if he's sorry, but Jane almost looks like she's pissed. Like next level pissed.

"Y/N," Jake calmly starts. "I think you should sit down." I give him a very confused glare while walking over to my bed and sitting down on it like Jake had advised.

I waited. Waited for someone to explain.... well anything. I was all ears.

"We know about you. What you are."said Jane. I immediately took a quick glance at Jake, then immediately went into defense mode.

Nervous laughing, I start, "I don't know what your talking about." Jane then stands up, startling me for a moment, then walks up to me. Before I can pull away, she reaches for my right wrist, pulling up my sleeve to reveal my tattooed number.

10.

I looked up in disbelief, having nothing to say. What was I supposed to say? My mind was completely blank. How did they know?

"H-how...?" Was all I was able to get out. Was the scene I caused the reason? Or did they see Jake and I using our abilities before the incident happened... wait, only me. They only figured me out. They don't know about Jake.

It was Will who spoke this time. "We've seen stuff like yesterday before. It was almost normal where we came from." So they were part of the stuff happening on the news last month. About the mall. Jake was right. "I also saw your number yesterday when you opened the door to Mrs. Smith's classroom." Crap. That's why he lingered before entering the classroom.

I look over to Jane to see her eyes locked on Jake. I look at him to see him looking everywhere other than back at Jane. Suddenly Jane pushed the glass of water from yesterday off my bedside table and the cup fell on the floor. But not the water.

Dammit.

Jake's hand was out keeping the water from falling on the floor. Will was surprised at the scene playing out in front of him, but Jane didn't look fazed by it, like she expected it. She then picked up the glass and put it back on the table. Jake took that as a sign and guided the water back into the cup.

Jake looks around the room, seeming embarrassed, then faces his wrist towards us, and lifts his sleeve to reveal his number.

9.

Will looked like he had something to say, but kept his mouth shut. One thing didn't make sense to me though.

"How did you know that Jake would catch the water, Jane? He didn't use his powers yesterday." Jake looked her direction while wiping his nose, wanting to know as well.

Jane looks down. She looked like she was debating something in her head. After a minute, she pulled up her sleeve to reveal a number of her own. She then said with anger,"Because you guys left me."

When I saw her number, I felt my body go numb. I'm sure Jake's did too. It was really her.11.

―――――――――――――――――――――――――――

Things be getting spicy!

-Blue