eight

A knock interrupted Jeongha while she was changing, "Coming!' She screamed as she threw on a hoodie. "Kyung, what's up?" She asked when she opened the door and saw him in front of her, "What are you doing, come on─ what's with the snacks?" He asked, seeing the pile of food behind her.

"Snacks in exchange for breaking love stones, I think I've broken that stupid stone with every damn boy except you three!" She ranted by the door, "It's so stupid, I mean how does a stone justify love." She continued ranting, while Kyung clutched the love stone behind his back harder. "You're right. It's stupid, I'm going out see you later." Leaving a confused Jeongha all by herself.

He walked away, abruptly. Embarrassed that he even thought of breaking the stone with her, 'She's too good for you'

.

.

.

Jeongha had stayed holed up in her room, she had broken countless love stones and gained countless snacks. A knock on her door stopped her from her movie marathon, "Coming!" She said, again, wiping her tears with her hoodie

"Why are you staying inside, it's Jeju." Juda hugged her, as she handed her some snacks. "Oh Juda what brings you here." Jeongha asked, pleasantly surprised by Juda's appearance.

"I wanna break a love stone with you."Juda held out the love stone, which Jeongha gladly broke, 'Who cares if it's stupid, Juda is too adorable to pass up.' The stone broke in equal and Juda laughed. "Even friends are doing it and I wanted to do with you, a part of me keeps telling that I should stick to you." Juda said as she looked at Jeongha's laptop.

"What movie are you watching?" Juda asked, "Frozen." Jeongha replied stoutly, "Were you crying ove─"

"Anna almost died." Jeongha replied defensively, which caused Juda to have a fit of laughter. "Did you hear, Jeongha─ Kyung threw Danoh's love stone, she went in the water to get it and almost drowned." Juda relayed the story sadly that Jeongha's thoughts mimicked.

"That's sad, anyways I have to go. Make yourself at home if you want, I don't mind." Jeongha waved off as she exited the room and went to the suite A3 was staying in. "Hello everyone, I'm sappy, tired and annoyed. How was your day?" She asked as she layed her head in Dohwa's lap.

"We are all doing fine, except Kyung who got slapped on the back by a girl." Dohwa told her as Jeongha started laughing making all of them look at her.

"You're laughing?" Namju asked puzzled by her lighthearted behaviour, "Yes because Anna died and Regina got hit by a bus worse things can happen." She just shrugged as she got up. Jeongha walked out, embarassed at her change in personality.

"Who's Regina?"

.

.

.

The one-on-one trekking made Jeongha step out, dress up and actually interact with others. All in hopes to end up with Kyung, which wouldn't happen because Danoh.

She was right, Danoh and Kyung left together as Jeongha was stuck with some guy from the other class. "So Jeongha, what's your ideal type?" The boy asked as they were in the middle of nowhere.

"Someone who talks less and does more." She glared at him, the two were lagging behind and Jeongha's competitiveness was peaking through. "I can do that, I can also be like Kyung and I can make you happy." He stopped dead in his tracks, making Jeongha to do the same.

"That's stupid, why would I date a Kyung wannabe." She started walking again, a little faster in hopes of naturally leaving him behind. "Don't run from me, once a stage begins we will be together, so just slow down and let's talk about us."

Now Jeongha was running, her ankle started hurting again and Jeongha couldn't register that he had an ego. A scream made Jeongha stutter in her moves and fall, "Look, you shouldn't do things like this." He said as he creeped behind, hugging her.

"Get away from me." She screamed, pushing him away and running as fast as possible.

Jeongha stopped running once she realised nobody was there following her, her adrenaline now wearing off she could feel the pain in her ankle.

She fell down by a tree, panting and scared for her life. 'Please don't be here, please don't be here, please don't be h─'

"You okay?" Jeongha screamed aloud, as she looked up to find Kyung.

.

.

.

"My prince, are you feeling unwell?" She was surprised to see the prince laying in her bed, crying. "My own brother killed my mother." He continued crying as Jeongha got over her initial shock and hugged him tight by his side.

"The world is not fair, it really isn't." She tried calming him though she didn't know what to say, but for the young prince her voice was enough.

"Please do not ever leave me." He hugged her tighter.

"Never."

.

.

.

"Don't leave me." She rushed to him, clutching his knee for any support she could get. "No, I would never leave you." He calmed her down.

"My ankle hurts." She looked at her ankle with pain, "I'll take you to your the room." He commented as he picked her up and the two made their way to the hotel. Jeongha in his arms bridal style.

.

.

.

Kyung clutched his lovers bleeding wound, "Why won't it stop! Don't leave me Jeongha, you promised to stay forever." He cried as he tried his best to stop the wound from bleeding.

"Kyung, I love you and I want you to know this isn't your fault." She said, her eyes lazily closing. "The first time you call my name is when you die, no I refuse. You will come back, it's a-a" He couldn't even complete his sentence.

"I promised to make you my queen, you cannot leave me." The mention of the royal title made her chuckle, "Be happy Kyung, when I come back I wish to see you happy." Were her last words as she finally lost conscious.

Jeongha had now died.