thirteen

Jeongha was sitting all alone on the bench, Haru had walked away and Jeongha had no energy to look for Kyung.

These moments made her think whether her feelings for Kyung were true or not, "They're not." A voice echoed behind her.

She looked back to spot Min Hyunsoo. "No, I am leaving don't follow me." She got up to rush away from the stalker. 'The nerve this guy has.'

"I know, I have always been gutsy. Don't run Jeongha I don't want to hurt Kyung or Juda, knowing how close you seem to be with them." He sat down in Haru's spot, his words making Jeongha backtrack and sit in her spot.

"We used to know each other, in every comic." He stared into the distance. "What do you mean?" She asked, this made her curious.

"You're the author's favourite, his first ever book featured you then there was the second and third book for your series." He smiled as he turned around, his smile felt familiar.

"Then there was the fourth book where you made your cameo hinting at Trumpet Creeper. That book was a mess." He shook his head, "What do you mean?" She asked the same question again.

"Don't ask, that annoying Danoh and Haru messed up everything. You were so happy and I was happy for you. I was your friend in every book, even when you were with Kyung I was happy." His tone had become bitter, at the mention of Danoh, Haru and Kyung.

"This time it won't, I'll protect you." He turned around fully and tried hugging Jeongha, which Jeongha didn't give into.

"Woah, okay I get we were friends but you've only been creepy to me. I don't know if I can trust you." She rushed away, he didn't bother chasing after.

"You should choose me, unless you want to remain a petty useless obstacle"

.

.

.

That word had remained in her mind, her role in this book always bothered her. So did what he told her, about her reincarnation in a sense. Her past self.

In her classroom, Kyung was prying Danoh away from Haru. "You're hurting me! What's your problem this time? No one's helping me." Danoh cried, 'Seriously?' She scoffed at Danoh's choice of words.

"I don't think she wants to talk." Haru got up, he held Kyung's arm from pulling Danoh. An alarmed Jeongha ran to Kyung and tried prying him off, "Come on Kyung, let's go." She tried her best to pull him off.

"That's none of your business, I said I need to talk to her." He was getting angry, Jeongha saw the signs.

"What are you all staring at?" He screamed kicking desks, a bottle of perfume hit the ground some shards landing on her arm and leg.

"I'll go to the birthday party, I'll help you." Haru declared, Jeongha wasn't that hurt.

She had had worse wounds.

An angry and confused Kyung stormed off as Jeongha rushed after him.

"What is his problem?" He got angry, they were in the A3 room and Kyung was on a rampage.

"What's your problem? I didn't want to admit it Kyung but all you do is hurt people─ I know you're hurt I know that better than anyone but this is not going to work. You're already the villain, stop giving in." She just spoke with no hesitation.

"You think I'm at fault." He came near Jeongha, staring her down. "Yes and it's time you realize that." She walked away but stopped once she heard his words, "No one is on my side, not even you." He screamed at her back.

"You and Danoh are perfect for each other, all you two do is whine. I have always been on your side─ look even I can break things─ You're the one who's not on your side. You mess up things for yourself, you and your annoying ego mess up everything." Her rampage had outweighed his.

She had broken more things than him, she felt relieved. She had seemingly ignored Kyung, even when he lost to Haru. She didn't bother going to him.

She wondered if he would ever do the same, had he done the same. When she fought with Danoh he never comforted her. He just stood, ignored the situation.

Alibi everything he did was forced, nonetheless Jeongha needed to blame him for once.

"You two seem to not get along." Hyunsoo commented, "What are you doing here. Can't you leave me?" She shouted at him. "Aren't you curious about your origin, your first book ever." He had caught her there. Ever since their conversation, she had wondered what made the author give her three books.

"You were a lonely femme fatale, your love interest who melted your cold heart." He was leaning by the window frame, "Really? Who was my love interest, is here?" She was curious, "He died, we never saw him again. When you gained awareness in Trumpet Creeper you remembered him." He stepped closer to her, "Do you know what killed him?" He asked, peaking her curiosity.

"Tell me!" She held him by his collar, she had never gotten physical with people. She had a bad feeling about this. "You did."

"Surprisingly, in your first meeting with Kyung you attempted to kill him too. Will you hurt him again?"

×××

thank you for 1k reads, ily guys. this chapter is shorter than usual I'm sorry but I will be discussing the birthday party in the next update. I want to work on the cover for the book so I might not update on thursday, or i might.

don't forget to like the chapter <3