twentyfive

"Haru's back!" Danoh shouted, the poor boy tried hiding his face. "You don't need to scream, we know he's back." Jeongha plugged her ears and stood at the table where food was half eaten and half in Haru's mouth.

"What do you want?" Danoh asked defensively. "Not here to steal treetop, I want you to be at the auditorium after school. If you find Jinmiche and Kyung bring them too." She sorted the food, popping the chocolates in her mouth.

"Why?" Dohwa asked, holding Jeongha's arm after rushing to her side. "Just a surprise." She shrugged her shoulders and skipped away.

"Anyone who doesn't come will cease to exist." She stopped, turned around and warned them before skipping away.

.

.

.

The day had inevitably ended, the few characters with their ego had assembled into the auditorium.

"Does anyone know why Jeongha called us here?" Jinmiche asked, taking a seat in one of the few that had been propped up. "No clue." Danoh twirled her hair, and took a seat besides Haru.

"What are you doing here?" Kyung as soon as he entered spotted her peaking Hyunsoo. "She told me to be here." He tried running away from Kyung, scared to be beat up again.

"Who's that?" Danoh asked, "Jeongha's stalker." Kyung replied still glaring at Hyunsoo.

"What!" Dohwa stood in a fighting position, "How dare you─" Before Dohwa could rush after Hyunsoo the lights had dimmed.

The soft music started just after it. When the lights flickered and turned on again, Jeongha was situated right in the middle.

Wearing a pink dress with colourful flowers she stood in the first position, her face calm and her posture perfect. Even Danoh who previously was bored was now interested.

She danced around the stage with accurate flexibility, flowing free. She had all the grace of a swan.

Kyung had vivid memory of this moment, Jeongha's first ever ballet performance. At least according to the memories that the writer gave them.

Her love for dancing was perfectly encapsulated in this performance. This is why she chose to be a dancer, even though the writer had made that choice for her, she still took her role seriously. Never failing to be perfect.

She seemed tired, or was pretending to be tired. She was running away. 'Is she doing this because of what I said?' Kyung thought.

She had ended the performance with her on the ground her hand spread out as if asking for whatever she was running away from throughout her routine to take her. All of them including Haru clapped.

Her breathing was uneven, she left to go backstage.

When she stepped down in her uniform, her first words were. "What did you think?"

"That was amazing!" Dohwa hugged her, not willing to let go.

Finally after leaving his grasp, she neared and Kyung and whispered. "You're wrong, we will both run away." She smiled before talking to the others.

Hyunsoo had left, Jinmiche and Jeongha seemed in deep conversation. Danoh and Haru had left and Dohwa was besides Kyung.

"Wasn't she perfect." He whispered, Kyung couldn't agree more. Kyung moved with speed, he pulled Jeongha away to a secluded corner.

"Kyung what is going on?" Jeongha asked, "Do you mean it? You think we can run away?" He countered with his own questions.

"Yes I do." She nodded, her smile prevalent. She tucked her hair behind and held Kyung's hand. "We will, I won't let the author win." She looked at his hand and he looked at her bracelet.

Soon his lips were on hers, Kyung pushed her slightly up against the wall, one hand on the wall other holding her waist.

This was different from their first kiss, Kyung wasn't testing whether he liked her or not.

He was telling her that he liked her, soft and blissful. Everything either of them wanted. Everything seemed distant, their messed up lives a memory.

Right now they felt safe, that's what brought them closer. The security of their friendship. She was just how he remembered her, the similar lemon smell.

He held her closer and she held his shoulder, he towered over her so did many people but him towering didn't feel dangerous. It kept her at ease.

Kyung had shielded her from too many things and she wouldn't ever trade those moments for anything.

"Oh my god." The two pulled away and a shocked Danoh stared, Haru looking away uncomfortable.

"Never kissed someone." Jeongha teased, Kyung immediately let go and Jeongha laughed. "Will you be my boyfriend?" She directed the question to Kyung who with wide eyes turned away.

"Should I take that as a no?"

"No!"

"Then yes?"

"Yes!" Kyung cleared his throat and walked away.  "Congratulations." Danoh held out her thumbs awkwardly. "Thanks. Best you make Haru yours before someone else does." She adviced before leaving.

.

.

.

Kyung was summoned to a scene leaving his new girlfriend alone, roaming around. "Sorry!" She exclaimed.

Lost in her world she had bumped into someone. "It's okay." 'Yohan?' She didn't have time to react, he had walked away.

Jeongha turned around instantly her eyes searched for him. As soon as she spotted him, she ran as fast as possible. "Hey!" She held his arm, the boy turned around.

"Thank you." She uttered, embarrassed. 'He doesn't remember you.' It was stupid of her to think he would. Yohan smiled. "You're welcome, whatever this is about." His smile was contagious.

Not as amazing as Kyung's but he was close. 'I have good taste in men.'

"Yeah, I just─" He hugged her, "All the best, Jeongie."

.

.

.

"Stop calling me Jeongie, I don't like it." She screamed at him. Yohan laughed.

Jeongha mad was the best. "But I like it."

"No!"

She sat down next to him, her phone had been ringing non stop. Probably her job. "You can only call me Jeongie one more time." She warned before looking at him with the loving eyes that Yohan fell for.

"Then I'll call you Jeongie, when we say goodbye."