thirtynine

Jeongha roamed around, confused as to why the school was so empty. "Jeongha." Kyung called for Jeongha, making her turn and sprint to him.

"Hello, love of my life!" She exclaimed, this was the most peace the two had had. No one to bother them, except their impending end. "So how has your day gone?" She asked, her hand naturally intertwining with his.

"As dull as possible." For a comic book character, that was a blessing. The two sat on a bench outside. "That is wonderful." They kept their eyes on each other, lost in them.

"I suppose now, I'm just waiting for the book to end." She slipped closer and snuggled into his chest.

"This school is so empty." He pointed out, "It is." It was peaceful. The two didn't want to break it. They wanted to stay in the moment.

"If we disappeared, I wouldn't regret anything. I feel satisfied." She answered. "Me too." He kissed her forehead. It felt like waiting for their end, except their was no one better to spend it with.

Kyung closed his eyes, the sun burning brighter than ever. When he finally opened his eyes, she disappeared. Kang and Dong too. The only sign that Jeongha was ever there was the bracelet and ring, that Kyung clutched tightly in his hand.

He didn't cry, he didn't mourn, he felt satisfied. So he got up and walked away.

'I love you, Jeongha.'

.

.

.

It was the day of their graduation, his father hadn't even smiled at Kyung, so busy being a family with Joonhyun, though he was not bitter against his brother.

"You are here again." Kyung's voice snapped Danoh, out of her daydream. "Your father is here." He informed her, knowing their parents still thought they were close.

"I'm coming." She replied, distraught over Haru's disappearance. "Why don't you smile a little? Today's a good day." Even as Kyung said it, he himself didn't believe those words.

"Sure, it's a good day today." She agreed, "I'll go ahead then." He finished up and left. Both were mourning their partners disappearance.

.

.

.

"You're finally here. You're so late." Namju said, in his brooding voice. Kyung entered the A3 room and sat down. "Okay now that we're all here, shall we begin?" This was all Dohwa's idea, unsurprisingly.

"To my dear friends whom I love. I remember when I first met you three, it was Seuli Kindergarten. Namju hadn't mastered Korean yet, Kyung was grumpy even then, Jeongha was evil and I was really cute. The moment I first met you, I knew we would be really good friends. I have enjoyed my school life, thanks to you three. I'll never forget you." Dohwa continuously, teared up in between his speech.

"We will miss Jeongha." He finally finished, "You're acting as if she died and you're leaving." Namju commented, no emotion present. "But we're graduating soon."

"What's the big deal? We'll still be A3, after graduation and Jeongha will always be our friend." Namju said, and Kyung picked up after him.

"You're right, A3 shines the most when it's whole and Jeongha isn't very easy to forget." Kyung finished his cheesy lines, making Dohwa shocked.

"Wow Kyung, you just said that outside the stage?" The three continued to joke around. Feeling like friends after a long time.

.

.

.

The entirety of Kyung's class gathered to take photos. But Kyung couldn't help but feel distracted. After the picture was taken, he looked back, Jeongha in her graduation gown sitting where she disappeared.

Kyung rushed through the crowd to the bench, only for her to disappear. He looked around again, her running away and him chasing after.

Kyung was out of breath, by the time he reached the auditorium. Her usual practicing spot. She stood their, graceful gliding against the floor and yet Kyung's feet couldn't move. 'I guess, I didn't move on.' He felt like tearing up, being so close to her yet so far.

Just like that, she disappeared. All in Kyung's head, 'I love you too Kyung.' He could hear her voice in his head.

"I love you too Jeongha!"

sajak

×××

final chapter, how are we feeling