thirtyone

with school beginning I will only be able to write once a week but I'll try my best to update twice a week once a while if I can <3 also thank you so much for 10k reads it means so much <33

×××

The two were walking home from the cemetery/crematorium. Hands intertwined, hearts still swooning from the kiss and what followed after.

"You're the only one who knows the real me. The only one who understands me and the only one who's always there for me." Kyung commented while walking, "The only one who can keep me sane in this shitty world." He continued.

"I'm sorry for hurting you, I was hurting and often times I felt I didn't deserve you so I tried pushing you away but that wasn't what I really wanted. I always wanted you close." He stopped pulling her towards him making her stumble, "I will always cherish you but if I ever hurt you, leave me, don't take it. Let me go, if you ever have to choose, choose yourself." He let go of her hand.

The two stood in silence, meow. Jeongha's eyes turned towards a brown box near a pole, it was getting dark and she couldn't really tell what it was but she had a guess.

She neared the box and bent down, Kyung didn't realise but when no reply came he looked up to see Jeongha kneeling.

"It's a cat and a dog?" As soon she she finished the dog meowed loudly towards Jeongha the cat followed suit. "Or two cats?" She said out loud this time getting a soft meow from all two, as if in agreement.

"Let's keep them! I'll take care of them because why not!" Jeongha picked up the box, turning towards Kyung. "Sure." He smiled and neared them, looking down at his girlfriend and two new pets.

"What do you wanna name them?" He asked, stroking the cat. "How about Kyung the Second and Kyung the Third." She laughed, Kyung glaring at the girl.

"Okay fine, whatever they're great names but whatever, so Dong for the dog and Kang for the cat." She petted the dog, who meowed in content.

"Kwon-Baek Dong and Kwon-Baek Kang!"

.

.

.

Kyung and Jeongha had reached her house and she was standing just outside the gate. "Just so you know, I don't care if I have to kill the author but I'll save both of us. When the choice comes I'll choose both of us." She walked away and inside the gate.

A giddy Kyung turned around and walked away.

"What is that?" Jeongha's mother questioned the box in her hand. "My new pets if you have a problem take it up with my lawyer." She walked up stairs, "Who?" Hwang Miyeon neared the stairs.

"Kwon Jeonghan." She simply said, "How dare you?" Her mother shouted climbing quickly and raising her hand which Jeongha stopped.

She placed the box down and pushed her mother's arm away. "I looked all around for the second copy of Secret, you must have taken it and read it too. That's how you're aware." Jeongha stepped down forcing her mother to do the same.

"You're not going to keep doing this." The girl continued ascending the stairs her mother stumbled and almost fell but Jeongha grabbed her.

"I'm tired of pretending I care about you. Danoh might care about her father and I know Kyung misses his mother but not once have I felt any love for you and I doubt I will so leave me alone, live your sad pathetic life knowing all your children, yes even your favorite, hated you." Jeongha picked up the box and continued going up.

She slammed her door, her hands shaking as she placed Dong and Kang down.

'I'm a badass!'

.

.

.

Kyung slammed the door of the cafeteria as he marched towards Jinmiche. "You must know. How does this story end? Who ends up safe? Danoh and Haru or Jeongha or me?" Kyung demanded answers.

He needed them, after what Jeongha said, no matter how sweet, he couldn't let her hurt herself. Choose us, she'd rather choose him, he knew it, he couldn't let that happen.

"How the story ends?" Jinmiche mocked Kyung, "I'm obviously the protagonist in this book. Why does it feel like I'm nothing." Kyung ranted, no matter how angry deep down he was just worried.

"Don't try to avoid answering with some nonsense this time. Who the hell is Haru? What's his deal?" Kyung was bitter.

"You already know it." Jinmiche turned around, "He's someone who can change it."

"You mean the damn stage?" Kyung scoffed, "I can change it to." He continued. "You can? How?" Jinmiche smirked.

"I'll find a way. To save me and Jeongha." He threatened, Kyung was sure he could do something, anything.

Jinmiche's eyes and posture changed, he looked sad. He stepped forward, "You want to change the stage? I lost everything I loved because of it." Jinmiche too looked bitter.

"I told you. Explain it so that I can understand." Kyung glared at Jinmiche, Jinmiche grabbed Kyung's collar, anger coursing through his veins.

"Because of you I─ Because of you─" "Enough!" Jeongha burst through the door.

Jinmiche let go of Kyung and stepped away, his eyes teary. "Leave. I have nothing to tell you." Jinmiche spat at him, Jeongha not wanting things to get worse pulled Kyung away and out.

"What the hell?" Jeongha shouted at Kyung who just went through the burnt pieces of 'Trumpet Creeper'.

"Why would you do that? I thought we talked about not doing this, not letting Haru and Danoh affect us so why?" Jeongha tried calming down but she couldn't.

She had a vague idea of Kyung put Jinmiche through, even if not by free will, it would hurt anyone. She tried seeing Kyung as more than someone who hated the world but that man made it too difficult.

"I know what I said, but doesn't mean I'll abide by it." He looked up, "You and I both know what I said was a lie, I'll save you one or another." He tried walking away but Jeongha stopped him.

"Either you can stop this now . . ." Even with Jeongha trailing off, Kyung knew what she would say.

'Or I will'