twentysix

All of them clapped, so did Jeongha. "Listen everyone, I know it's quite late for this, but we're here to celebrate Dohwa's return to A3. Dohwa, my girl congratulates you." Namju toasted, his last line making Jeongha gag.

'Your girl?'

"Your girl?" Dohwa questioned, "Yes my girl." Namju glared, "Why are you being like that again? Did you forget? The A3 shines most when it's whole." Juda tried to calm the situation.

"They say if you enjoy the food, you don't gain weight. So let's enjoy." Juda smiled brightly. "HA, tell that to my mother." Jeongha aggressively sipped her drink. Juda got up and left leaving the rest to feel awkward as Namju and Dohwa glared at each other.

"Tada, this is Juda's limited edition." Juda handed the special sandwich to Dohwa, "It's for you Dohwa." Which Namju couldn't stand.

He tried snatching the sandwich from Dohwa. "SHUT UP!" Jeongha shouted, the two still hadn't gotten over anything and Jeongha was annoyed.

"I'll have the sandwich and if you have any questions you can ask my fist." She inhaled the sandwich. Her interaction with Yohan had left a horrible feeling in her stomach.

"Are you okay?" Kyung immediately asked as soon as the scene ended. "Feeling tired." She leaned on his shoulder. No one was happy. "This so stupid." She groaned, her hand finding Kyung's.

"I knew you two are best friends but since when were you so close?" Namju looked at the new couple weirdly. "We are dating." Jeongha dropped casually. "I'm fine with it." Danoh chimed in as Namju's gaze shifted among the three.

"God that was so cheesy." Danoh took her things and left after sneering at Namju. "I agree." Jeongha raised her hand. "So you two are a thing?" Dohwa asked slowly. "Yes we are. Shouldn't you go after her." Jeongha shut down any questions regarding the two and pointed towards the door Danoh just left through.

"I don't want to." Kyung mumbled, "Fine." She snuggled up on his shoulder making his face redder than before.

.

.

.

"Remember I was telling you about that book , we were there." Kyung asked out of the blue. He was sitting on the bench and Jeongha laid spread out on the grass. "No I haven't." She looked back curiously. "Really?" "Never have." Jeongha didn't recall anything about the book Kyung mentioned.

"If you remember then tell me." He offered her his hand and a skeptical look. The two walked away, holding hands. Kyung still wondering about Trumpet Creeper, and so did Jeongha.

One was simply closer to the information than the other.

.

.

.

"You're so annoying." Jeongha slapped the back of Saemi's head. She placed one hand on the table and leaned. "You never learn do you?" Jeongha tsked. "You have no choice. You're role is the villain here." Kyung stated nonchalantly.

"Hey." Danoh aimed at both Jeongha and Kyung to stop. 

"A villain?"

"Yes."

"I am? What kind of villain let this happen?" Saemi stormed out. "What a loser." Jeongha shook her head. Soocheol followed after her leaving Danoh, Kyung and Jeongha at the table.

"Neither of you had to say that." Danoh scolded, "It's true, Saemi is horrible and you're defending her just because she's your friend." Jeongha shrugged her shoulders. "I had to, they never realise their role on their own." Kyung also argued.

"If you were poor, she'd bully you too." Jeongha whispered to Danoh before walking away.

.

.

.

Danoh had ended up at the hospital and because Jeongha's mother was marrying Danoh's dad, the two remaining family members also trailed along to the hospital.

"You're here?" Kyung questioned walking towards Jeongha who had ended up outside, since the hospital made her feel stuffy. "Yup, what about you?" Instead of answering he immediately hugged Jeongha tightly.

"I had this dream of seeing you dead, all bloody. It's scary." Kyung's voice shook as he hugged her harder. "You have to promise me, you'll never leave me." His eyes were teary but he didn't want to cry.

"I won't, I promise."

.

.

.

Jeongha sat quietly in her makeup room. Countless adults came to congratulate her, she smiled and bowed, her mother was doting on her because she won first place, she just remained quiet.

Ballet no longer was about proving anyone wrong, it wasn't about her winning but simply being on stage because that meant she was given the opportunity to be on stage.

Not disappear or be forgotten, but do what she loved. It meant she still mattered, to the author, whom without realising Jeongha had started looking for validation.

They were god, of course she wanted their validation. "Your performance was great." Kyung's voice brought her back to reality.

"Thanks for coming." She immediately hugged her boyfriend, who hugged her back.

"I had to, you're my girlfriend."

.

.

.

"I had to, you're my prince." Jeongha bowed to Kyung who seemed giddy, he had defeated Haru in a match all on his own.

"Did you see me? It was easy to defeat Haru." The prince bragged on and on and Jeongha didn't mind listening.

"When I get even stronger, we'll leave. I'll protect you." He looked down, shy, the prince was shy. "Of course, Kyung, who else would protect me."

.

.

.

"What is it?" Jinmiche had dragged a complaining Jeongha to the kitchen. "Your boyfriend knows about Trumpet Creeper."

"What's Trumpet Creeper?" Jeongha asked, "It's a book, same characters as us, you asked me about it and I told you I didn't know because I didn't want anyone to know and now that Kyung is looking into it I can't have him know." Jinmiche released the information in one breath.

"Okay then, why me and why not Kyung?" Jeongha was racking her brain for any information on this book and things seem to come flooding once Jinmiche placed the book in front of her.

"Oh my god─"

"We can't have Kyung know because you die, and I don't trust him with that information only harm will come if he finds out and you're the only one who can help me." Jinmiche pleaded her with his eyes.

"We have to burn the book."

×××

sorry the chapter is late , do you guys like it i didn't it seems rushed and does it make sense please tell me <333