thirtyseven

Kyung ran down the stairs, not a sign of his previous breakdown present on his face, his many fangirls tried stopping him but it was to no avail.

Rushing out he almost got run over by a car, stopping─ he noticed Jeongha's mother in the driver's seat. "Ms. Hwang?" He asked, as she rolled down the windows.

"Get in the car." She signaled, Kyung immediately got in. Unsure of her intentions but he had a inkling that she was finally going to act like a mother.

"Jeongha's plane leaves in an hour, it'll be easy to get their." She said, looking straight ahead. Kyung knew all about Miyeon's attitude towards her children, he hated her as much as he hated his father.

"Why are you doing this?" Kyung asked finally, "Because─ I feel bad for her, she's always lonely and pathetic." Kyung scoffed, turning his head and staring out the window.

The ride was silent, Kyung ran over a million scenarios of when he'd be reunited with Jeongha─ if he'd reunite with her.

The drive to the airport wasn't that long and as soon as he arrived, he readied to get out. "I don't want her to have the ending of a villain, she doesn't deserve it." Miyeon said, before Kyung could shut the door.

He finally shut it, and watched as she drove away.

.

.

.

Jeongha just sat in the lounge, not ready to check in. She didn't need to check in, when the time would come she'd be in the plane if needed.

Jeongha stared at her crutches and then at her legs and then at the luggage. All her family's efforts wasted.

"Jeongha!" She heard Kyung's voice, 'Now I'm imagining things!' She rolled her eyes.

"Jeongha!" She turned around and saw him standing their. She didn't believe it at first, so she turned around again. 'How much worse can it get!' She wanted to scream out at the writer.

She wanted to scream at everyone, "Jeongha!".

"What!" She screamed as loudly as possible, nobody looked at her except Kyung who smiled.

"Why are you here?" Tears streamed down, she wanted this to be true. He hugged her, patting the back of head as she cried out.

Like the good old days. "Look we have to leave, I don't know how long I have before there is a scene I have to be in so let's go."

He didn't have time for her to get her crutches so he instructed her to get on his back and he ran out.

"We'll run away somewhere far, where the writer can't get to us. There we can be happy." He knew his efforts could go in vain, but he didn't care.

"Who brought you here Whatever put me down Kyung." Jeongha said, but Kyung didn't listen. "Your mother did." Jeongha paused to process the information, before repeating "Put me down─"

"Why?" He stopped and sat down, the two sat their on the ground as Jeongha pulled Kyung in for a kiss.

There tears mixing together, as the two sat there knowing this wouldn't last very long. Kyung wanted nothing more than to have her with him alone, and away from everyone who'd hurt her, who'd hurt him.

"I love you." "I lo─"

sagak

Before Kyung could complete his sentence, he'd been summoned away, the writer really couldn't let the two have a happy ending. Realising he'd never see Jeongha again, he sat on the ground distraught.

'No I can't give up.' He thought and looked through the whole school, getting weird glances from everyone. He frantically searched every room until bumping into Haru and Danoh. "Have you seen Jeongha?" He shook them.

"Didn't you go to her?" Danoh asked, "I did, but the writer is keeping us apart!" Kyung screamed.

"Kyung? What's wrong?" Namju asked, holding Kyung's shoulder. "I can't lose her again, never again. Why can't we just be happy. Why does everyone get to be happy but us." He ranted and cursed until he felt his voice get soar.

"You idiot, who thought you'd have a whole mental breakdown in front of everyone." Jeongha's voice resonated, loud and cheery. Namju looked confused while Danoh's face too lit up and Kyung immediately ran to her, clutching her tightly in his arms.

"I love you, I love you, I love you!" He chanted, unwilling to let her go. "I know." She whispered. "I love you too.

.

.

.

a few minutes ago

Jeongha knew Kyung had been summoned away, so had she. In front of her house. "Why?" Jeongha burst through the door, her mother sitting idly in the living room. "Why do you feel sudden affinity for me." Jeongha crossed her arms, trying to intimidate her mother. She felt Kyung needed her, but she needed to deal with this as well.

"I'm sorry." Hwang Miyeon's eyes softened for once in her life, she could see the flickers of regret and guilt, she recognized that look in the mirror everyday. Mostly for her siblings and occasionally for herself.

"Why now, when everything is ending!" She screamed, if only her mother could've cared a little early, maybe then Jeongha would forgive her. "Why?" Jeongha stepped towards her.

"When we meet again, if we do, then I hope I can be a better mother Jeongha. I really do." Jeongha's mother hugged her, tears silently travelling down her stoic face.

"I hope you do."