thirty

hello i hope you enjoy this chapter !! please don't forget to comment and vote <3

×××

"Stop staring at me." Jeongha whispered back to Kyung who seemed to be staring into her back intently. "How can I when you're so beautiful?" He whispered back.

"AH!" She shouted, getting up exasperatedly, Jeongha backed up out of embarrassment, tripping and falling into her chair. "You okay?" Kyung asked.

"I would have been if you'd stop saying those things." She mumbled in an aggressive tone.

"You okay, Miss Kwon?" Their teacher asked and the girl just nodded, "Alright."

And so class continued.

.

.

.

"Haru with an ego, is so annoying?" Kyung walked away almost bumping into Jeongha. "I thought we spoke not to do this kind of thing." Jeongha folded her arms and glared at Kyung.

"I can't help it, his presence is infuriating." Kyung pushed past Jeongha, walking on as the girl trailed behind.

"Still─" "You said, that you could understand Haru for what he did because you would do the same. Can't you relate to me? Wouldn't you be angry if I had died because of Haru or Danoh?" Kyung looked at Jeongha, his argument made sense.

Jeongha would be angry, but she couldn't admit it so instead she stood their, unable to say anything.

"That's what I thought."

.

.

.

"You will never believe the day I had." The younger prince came and layed in Jeongha's bed, "Dealing with another one of my brother's minions." He shook his head, silence entailed.

Jeongha didn't move from her position on the other side kneeling down and putting things away in the boxes.

"So you killed him?" Jeongha asked, her voice shivering. She had seen people died it was common but never had she seen Kyung as someone who could do it.

"I didn't, Haru did but yes. He's dead. I have only you and Haru, while my brother has so many people on his side. It isn't fair." Kyung got up and neared Jeongha.

"But killing isn't possibly the correct answer. All these minions of your brother, what if they leave him when he fails. Haru and I will never do that, you can't be sure that your brother has people like us. What if he is all alone." Jeongha sympathised with both the brothers.

Kyung was tensing up, angry that she dare take his brother's side. "You─" But he couldn't shout at her, never. He couldn't be angry her frown it was too melting.

"I think we shouldn't talk about this." Kyung shook his head, "Why not?" Jeongha pressed.

"Because I can't be angry in front of you." He simply answered, "Why not?"

"Because you'll leave me if you see that side!" He shouted, "This side." He clenched his jaw and neared the door but Jeongha didn't let him leave.

"I'm not going to leave you, I love you. So don't think I can." She hugged him from behind.

"I plan on wooing Eun Muyeong's daughter, Eun Danoh." He left her embrace. Jeongha looked up, betrayed but she masked that emotion.

"That's fine." She smiled, "See? You also hide you're real emotions because you're scared. Maybe we should stop seeing each other, it will only hinder my plan." He replied stoically.

"Alright."

'How can I ever tell you that are fates aren't ours?'

.

.

.

Jeongha was home when she woke up from her vision like dream. 'My head.' She held her head, everytime she had such dreams her head always hurt.

"Jeongha come down for dinner!" Her mother's voice snapped her out making her get up and come down.

"How was school?" Her mother asked.

"It was normal." The girl replied, bored. "Well then." The silence was awkward, Jeongha didn't care.

"Do you know? We're in a comic." Jeongha asked, looking up. "What are you talking about?" Her mother asked, even more awkward.

"You do, I wonder how? Then you must know that Jeonghee and Jeonghan disappeared, how dad disappeared. That's why you picked out three dresses, the third one was Jeonghee's. You locked me up because you were aware, what I said I said out of the stage so there is no way you would have remembered." Jeongha pointed out everything. Leaving her mother speechless.

"If you excuse me, I've finished my meal."

.

.

.

'Today is auntie's death anniversary.' Jeongha knew Kyung wouldn't show up to school so their was no point of her going either.

Kyung would be more sensitive than usual, since today was his mother's death anniversary.

Jeongha walked down the stairs and out the door, her mother's car was gone so she made her way to the cemetery.

"I knew you'd be here." Jeongha smiled and sat besides Kyung, "I brought your mother's favourite apples, like I did back then when I'd come for a checkup." Jeongha handed the apples to him.

"You didn't have a checkup, it wasn't a coincidence that you were there, it was only the first time. Then you came everyday for my mother, that's how we became close." He smiled.

"You caught me." She smiled taking a bite from the apple. "I envy Danoh and Dohwa, their lives are so much better than ours." Kyung smiled.

"Auntie! I brought your favourite apples, I hope you enjoy them. By the way, like you said, Kyung and I are meant to be. We're dating. Like you wanted, he's a great boyfriend and I love him." Jeongha laughed.

Kyung just stared at the interaction.

"What would I do without you?" Kyung asked, "Probably be a rude and mean bully." She answered. "Maybe you'd like Danoh." She added.

Kyung captured her lips, everytime it felt new. As if the two hadn't already done this before. The butterflies were still their, the tingly feeling in her head, his scent and the mint flavour of his mouth.

It all felt new, "What are you doing? We're in front of your mother!" Jeongha laughed, pulling away and hugging him.

Their hands entwined. Their hearts beating at the same pace. Their faces shining.

"I love you."