twentytwo

"Kyung you're becoming more handsome." Danoh's father complimented, again. "That's very flattering." Baek Daesung replied in his son's stead, again.

"Wow, it must have been so hard to get one of these. Thank you, Kyung!" Danoh exclaimed in happiness, her excitement written in bold letters all over her face. 'I could use a gift.' Jeongha mentally rolled her eyes.

"Kyung is as thoughtful as ever." Hwang Miyeon, Jeongha's mother, laughed looking lovely at the couple. "He truly is the best." Jeongha laughed, 'I want to cry!'

"He must have had a reason to want to come here at this hour." Baek Daseung pointed out, Kyung picking up from where his father left off. "I wanted to see her happy face as soon as possible." He replied.

"My goodness. I didn't know you were so romantic." Danoh's father smiled, 'The act is truly sickening.' Jeongha gagged mentally. "I'll commit myself to her." Kyung vowed. 'I'll commit murder first.' Jeongha glared at all the adults in the room.

"I think Kyung can't wait to marry you." Kyung's father said to Danoh. "How about we set their wedding date?" He turned to Chairman Eun and suggested. "If Danoh wants, anything can be done." Chairman Eun looked lovingly at his daughter.

Jeongha's mother nudged Danoh's father and his face lit up. "Right! I almost forgot." He laughed and Jeongha's mother laughed too.

"Miyeon and I might get married soon."

"What!"

.

.

.

Jeongha had rushed to the bathroom, she couldn't comprehend the news her mother and Danoh's father had dropped. She knew an argument would ensue as soon as Jeongha and her mother were alone. It was just so random, no hints, no warning, nothing at all.

Her family disappearing was clearly not enough, her mother just had to marry the father of the one person she hated and envied.

"You okay?" Kyung's voice made her flinch. She looked up wide eyed and her tears had begun.

"Kyung─ I─" He engulfed her in a tight hug, not willing to let go. "What your mom and her dad did shocked me too. It must be the author's doing." He comforted her, patting her back as she just cried out, drying her eyes.

"Why can't I get a break? Why must this happen to me?" She wanted to laugh, but all she did was choke on her tears. "It's okay." He patted her back.

His embrace, even after all this time, even after all that had happened, never felt foreign. Right now Kyung was the most familiar person he had, the one person she hadn't lost. If she lost him too, she would lose her sanity as well.

She gripped him hard as if letting him go would make him disappear. "I got you something as well." He pulled out a tiny bracelet from his pocket.

"We were shopping for Danoh's bag and I stormed off out of anger. I found these bracelets, and I got you one." He pulled away and took her wrist.

He put the bracelet on with ease. It was a silver chain bracelet, hanging off it was silver moons, stars and other charms. It was cheap, nothing extravagant but as cliche as it was, it was the thought that matter.

Kyung had consciously made the decision of buying it. "Thank you." She continued crying as Kyung still comforted her. The two friends all alone in the cruel, comic world.

.

.

.

Jeongha and her mother were sitting in the car, Kyung and his father had also left and were standing in front of the car simply talking. It escalated when Kyung threw away the money his father handed him and Baek Daesung slapped his son and Kyung, Jeongha tried leaving but Miyeon stopped her. "Don't, it is not your place." She simply stated. The car had started driving.

"It was not your place to marry Danoh's father. If you loved dad so much why are you marrying him." It was only the comment about her father and Miyeon's husband that made her look up in shock. "Daesung has secured himself by using his son, I cannot do that so I chose the father. I am doing this for us."

"No you're not, nothing is for us. It's all for you." Jeongha snided.

Her mother was about to slap the girl when she stopped realizing they had reached home and their driver was looking back, "That's all you can do. Hit me." Jeongha side eyed her mother before getting out.

.

.

.

"Hello boys!" Jeongha mad her grand entrance to the A3 room. No one answered, Dohwa was stuck in the book and Kyung didn't answer. Her arms which were previously in the air were now on the bracelet Kyung gave her.

"Clearly no one is interested in me." Neither of the boys paid any attention to me."This is to cruel!" Dohwa exclaimed, making Jeongha jump. "What is this? You've been pretending to like Danoh to use her family? Kyung, you're such a piece of trash." Jeongha rolled her eyes at Dohwa's very ignorant rant.

Jeongha jumped again when Kyung threw the ball at the wall where Jeongha was standing out of anger. Jeongha calmed her heart. "Can't you tell apart? Those things only happen in the stage." He scolded Dohwa. "The writer drew it like that. There's nothing I can do about it." He continued.

"I know that. But it's still so evil so I couldn't help it." Dohwa tried justifying. "Just mind your own business. Danoh understands it, since she has an ego. But Namju doesn't. He keeps suffering because you change the story." Kyung retaliated.

"I already know that. I feel sorry for Namju." Dohwa slammed the book on the table. Jeongha just watched, she didn't have much to add and the argument was just making her angry. "So you never wanted to change the story? Are you really okay with your character? You're stabbing your fiancee in the back. Poor Danoh." Jeongha scoffed as Dohwa finished. 'Poor her?' She wanted to laugh.

"I didn't care about it, but I'm starting to want to change it because─" Kyung paused and looked up at Jeongha, "─ of someone."