thirtysix

Kyung entered Jeongha's room quietly, avoiding making unnecessary noise. He snuck in and sat besides her, focusing only on Jeongha and not on his surroundings. 

"I'm just returning from Danoh's room, I guess your curse came true. It didn't last very long. She's sick." Kyung sat besides Jeongha, she hadn't woken up and her leg seemed to have reverted back to when she'd broke it.

This was the way the writer was bringing things back on track. "I killed Danoh in the old book thinking she'd killed you. I almost did it again today when I thought it be the right thing to do, to take revenge for you. I was wrong." Kyung's tears streamed down continuously.

"I couldn't protect you─ I almost hit you─ I─ I'm the one who should d─" Kyung wept, his tears were unstoppable. He felt responsible for all this, for Danoh and Jeongha's pain.

"If only you didn't meet me─"

"Shut up." Jeongha's eyes took time adjusting to the light. "It's so bright." She sat up while squinting. Kyung remained speechless. "Don't blame yourself, you do that a little too much on a regular basis anyways." She rolled her eyes, laughing at her own joke.

Kyung didn't want to touch her, she looked so fragile at the moment. Her blank eyes, messy hair, she'd broken her ribs as well. All his fault.

"I hurt you!"

"You didn't mean to. I don't want to argue about this Kyung." She whipped her head to the opposite side. She was getting tired of having the same conversation every two days.

"Kyung, can you leave the room." Jeongha's mother entered and promptly closed the door, her eyesbrows knitted with worry. Kyung, of course having just fought with Jeongha found no need to stay and left. Instantly, her mother's eyes changed, now glaring at the girl.

sagak

"You're going to America." Her mother picked up one of the glasses on her bedside table and poured water for herself. "Okay." Jeongha, atleast in character, knew how disappointed her mother was.

Actual Jeongha had stopped caring, but character Jeongha cared. A little too much.

"I'm sorry." Jeongha was forced to utter. "You should be." The conversation was short and stiff.

The readers would be happy knowing the villain was suffering. The scene ended, and now that it had ended, Jeongha had a lot more to say.

"Jeonghee, Jeonghan and dad did everything they could to change the scene. They even vanished because of it." Jeongha's voice wavered many times.

"More reason for you to accept your fate, don't expect me to save you. I frankly don't care." As always the harsh words pierced through but Jeongha still fought the urge to throw something at her mother.

"I don't expect you to do anything, because you never do anything." Jeongha layed down and went to bed.

The words lingering. "I brought those two fur things, you brought home. I'm putting them on your bed." Her mother said before walking out.

Jeongha looked back, Dong and Kang sitting their, happy.

The two meowed, and Jeongha smiled.

She had something to hold on to.

.

.

.

The next day, Jeongha mainly kept to herself. She'd seen Danoh, how the girl had no idea they were in a comic book.

Nevertheless, Jeongha still avoided Danoh and especially Kyung. She'd seen Haru sulking in each corner.

He looked miserable, trying his best to make Danoh remember. "How's the process going?" She placed her crutches aside, seating herself near him. "She doesn't remember." He seemed to be on the verge of crying.

Jeongha always felt bad for Haru, an extra with no life. Danoh gave him a life, a purpose and now she isn't even here. "Things will get better, trust me." She was a liar, Jeongha would be leaving South Korea tomorrow. What right did she have to tell someone it will be okay.

"Danoh loves you too much to forget you." She looked with pity at him, the poor lovesick boy. As soon as Danoh emerged, Jeongha bolted for the opposite direction, until she froze in place.

sagak

"Jeongha, I want to apologize to you. Your leg, because of me." Danoh also seemed like she was going to cry. "Your sorry serves me no purpose, what's done is done." Jeongha screamed at Danoh, just then Kyung came to her rescue.

"Exactly, what's done is done, so stop blaming Danoh." He gave her the cold shoulder. Jeongha's eyes widened.

Then the scene ended and Kyung, who was walking away from Jeongha, rushed to her. But Jeongha freed herself from his grasp and ran away the best she could with her crutches.

Seeing him hurt every part of her, she couldn't bare it.

.

.

.

"Is everything packed." Jeongha's mother asked, as Jeongha got ready to get in the car and leave for America. Her mother won, the writer won and she lost. Jeongha now accepted that. "Jeongha." Her mother called out.

Jeongha turned around and her mother seemed to be as stoic as ever. She didn't say anything. 'Am I imagining?' She looked up at the sky, "What are you waiting for? Go!" Her mother ushered her.

"I am." She replied, her mother neared her. "I am sad things are ending like this but ─"

"Just give it a rest. You don't need to pretend to be a good mother. You don't care, you won't save me, I got it. I know I'm pathetic, worthless, useless, so don't remind me." Jeongha sat in the car and rolled up her window, noticing her mother's distant look.

'Pathetic ending for a pathetic villain.'

.

.

.

Kyung was getting more agitated, the more Danoh acted like her character self. The fake date the writer made the two go on was the worst, having to act in love with Danoh was suffocating. Haru was also suffering, and for the first time, Kyung felt bad.

Jeongha stopped coming to school and as far as Kyung knew, she was leaving for America today. Yet Kyung didn't know what to do. How to change it, assuming he could change it. No for once he had to be confident.

His plan would work, tonight─ him and Danoh were going on another date. He had switched clothes with Haru to let him and Danoh atleast be happy. It was for Jeongha, all he did was for her.

Kyung was sitting alone in the A3 room, his plan worked. He did it, 'Maybe Jeongha was right? Maybe I shouldn't be so harsh on me?' Danoh entered the room, she trudged towards him, holding out Jeongha's ring.

"You should go." He responded, "Just go." He repeated. He didn't bother looking up, she looked like her old self, how he wish he could see Jeongha like that. "I feel like I'm a monster, in both stories." He got up, his voice tremored. Danoh turned around and then turned back to him.

"I know a certain someone, who didn't view as a monster. She saw past that, a gift really to see past your coldness. You love her." Danoh smiled, how desperately he wished he could see Jeongha smile.

"Baek Kyung, you will really be a monster if you don't save her. Go!" Danoh walked away and slowly, tears streamed down Kyung's face, memories of Jeongha flooded his head. Her every thing he loved, everything he didn't like and everything that made her, her, flooded his brain. He cried, bawled, at the girl he couldn't save. Danoh is right. It is his duty to save her and so he will.

He loves her.

×××

any predictions since we're so close to the end <3 stay healthy and hydrated guys, ily