Chapter 99: I Do

Emilee POV

We sat in the limo that was going to be transporting me to the wedding. My dress was bunched up around me, and I was about to start sweating up a storm with nervousness. Kara, Emma, Charlotte and Olya sat around me. Olya was Koby’s new girlfriend and a very sweet girl. She was gentle and had a presence that filled every room despite her quiet demeanour. We drove by Bondi beach, people waving at the white car we were sitting in, most locals knowing exactly what day it was. I could see the Bondi icebergs all set up ready for the wedding. My wedding. The wedding that was going to adjoin Jesse and I’s lives. Finally.

All of us girls sat in complete quiet. They were all just as anxious as I was, or at least letting that on, or they were being affected by my mood. The girls all looked incredible, with their hair up in donut buns with curls piled at the top. Their dresses were deep, ocean blue chiffon gowns that covered the pearl coloured heels on their feet. My own dress was simple, white of course, but I contrasted to my bridesmaids. My makeup had been kept relatively simple, the only embellishing feature were two little diamonds stuck to my face just under my right eye. I had pearl coloured eye shadow that made my eyes glow and my hair was decorating with cut up strands of cheap, fake pearls from two dollar shops.

As I stared out the window, I thought about all the guests that would be expecting a gorgeous wedding, where a dramatic love story finally comes to an end. All the lifeguards were in attendance, my dad was going to be walking me down the aisle, and there would be news cameras, photographers, along with various friends of mine from Bali. Nicola wasn’t a bridesmaid because she didn’t have a partner, but she and her little sister Tamika were going to be my flower girls. They were sat in the front seat, looking after my phone, so that I wouldn’t let anything distract me. Nic knew I had notifications for news articles about myself and Jesse on so I could cancel out any rumours, but they didn’t want any of that getting to me on the big day.

I heard my phone ringtone play, and Tamika checked the caller ID. She was the smartest 8 year old I had ever come across, one of the few kids from Bondi attending a Grammar school a fair way away, closer to the city than Bondi.

“It says Mikey.” She informed me. Nicola nodded.

“They can talk Mika.” Nicola said, addressing Tamika by her nickname. Tamika handed me the phone, and I pressed it to my ear.

“Hello?” I greeted into the phone.

“EM! IT’S MIKEY!” A voice shouted. I laughed.

“Hey Mikey.” My thoughts wandered to the now blue-haired boy, who was on holiday with his family in Sydney for his break.

“I just wanted to call and make sure that you’re ready for your special day.” He said.

“I think I am. I mean, I’ve got the dress and everything.” I joked.

“Seriously Emilee.” My smile faded.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“I mean, do you think you’re making the right decision?” Mikey pressed.

“I think I do.” I replied hesitantly.

“Have you thought about it?” Mikey asked.

“Extensively.”

“Maybe you should have another think.” He suggested.

“Why?” I asked sternly.

“Just… because. I don’t think you’re making the right decision.” Michael informed me.

“I don’t really care what you think to be honest.” I snapped, pissed off.

“Why not? We’re friends.”