Chapter 98: Breakdown

So this is just a filler, everything and I mean everything, will happen in the next chapter. Stay tuned lovelies xx

Jesse POV

I stood outside the Bondi Icebergs, on the platform overlooking Bondi and the pool. The ugly concrete structure had been completely transformed to something out of a fairy-tale. There was a soft blue rug leading up to an altar that had been set up for the formal ceremony, and white fold out chairs were set up in rows for our families and friends. The Bondi Rescue camera crew were setting up the lighting and cameras, walking about in suits and proper shoes for the first time ever. It was 4:00pm. We had timed the ceremony so it would be at a gorgeous Bondi sundown, and I couldn’t be any more nervous. I hadn’t seen Emilee since 8 this morning, and I couldn’t keep calm without my arm slung around her waist.

Maxi stood next to me as guests arrived. The boys had all trimmed their beards or shaved and showered, and were looking spick and span for the wedding. Hoppo walked up to me with his newly resurrected girlfriend Stacey.

“Looking good mate.” He said with a smile. I grinned back.

“You too. Did you finally go to Ashley and Martin to get your hair fixed for today? You bald spots aren’t looking so sparse.” I shot back. Stacey laughed.

“You better be glad it’s your goddamn wedding day otherwise I would have slit your throat.” Hoppo said with a grin. Maxi laughed.

“I think if you did that Emilee would have to disown you Hoppo.” He said. Hearing Emilee’s name made my heart lurch.

We all laughed, partly because it was true.

“Well, good luck Jesse.” Stacey said kindly. I smiled.

“Thankyou.” I replied. I knew she was thinking that Emilee could leave me at the altar like she left Hoppo. I knew that Stacey knew that if that happened she wouldn’t look much like the bad guy still. I shook the thoughts from my head as they walked on and Bacon approached me. My best men had been decided by the girls. Because technically, I couldn’t choose just a few, we decided to match the couples.

So Emilee’s bridesmaids were Kara, Emma, Charlotte and Koby’s new and no-longer secret girlfriend Olya Nechiporenko and my best men were Maxi, Bacon, Taco and Koby.

“Mate, it’s almost time.” Bacon said.

I took a shaky breath.

“Really?” I asked.

“Yep. Come on dude.” Bacon said. He and Maxi turned to leave, but I stayed put.

“You coming Jess?” Maxi asked. I began to shake with nerves.

“I don’t think I can do this.” I whispered. Maxi and Bacon ran over, followed by Koby who spotted me freaking out.

“What was that?” Bacon asked.

“I-I can’t do this.” I repeated myself. My whole body shook with nerves, and my breathing was haggard.

“What’s wrong Jesse?” Koby asked. I looked up at him with pleading eyes.

“Koby… I need to talk to you… before I have a breakdown in front of everybody.” I whispered. Koby ushered the other boys back up to the altar, and pulled me off to the side. He sat me down.

“Jesse talk to me.” He demanded.

“I can’t do this man. I don’t… I don’t know why.” I admitted.

“Listen to me. You and Em have been through thick and thin together. A lot of thick, but you’re definitely perfect.” Koby said.

“I know.” I replied.

“Then why are you having second thoughts?” He inquired. “Do you not love her anymore?”

I gasped.

“No it’s not that!” I exclaimed.

“Then what is it? It has to be something!” Koby said.

I saw his point. I was just nervous about stuffing up.

“I just don’t want to fuck it all up.” I admitted. Koby rubbed my back.

“Mate trust me, you won’t. You seriously will not. If it doesn’t go smoothly, it’ll be a wedding that will be laughed at. And that’s not a bad thing. Weddings are happy moments, joyous parts of people’s lives where everything finally comes together.” He told me. I nodded and stood up, having regained my breathing back to normal. I glanced at the crowd that had accumulated around the pool to watch, and all of the cameras interviewing family about it and filming the intro for the episode.

I shook out my nerves.

“I can do this.” I told myself.

“You can do this.” Koby copied.

“I love Emilee and this is the defining moment of the rest of my life.”

“You love her and this is the defining moment for the rest of your life.”

“I can do this.” I said again.

“I thought we already covered that.” Koby jested. I laughed and he clapped my back.

“Jesse, you of all people deserve this happiness. Come on man. Come and wait for your bride.”

We walked back up the aisle together, and I ready for anything that life could throw at me.