Chapter 69: Big Ben

I woke up, wrapped in the white hotel sheets, with Jesse cuddling me protectively. I looked over to him and he looked so peaceful- the bags under his eyes had temporarily disappeared, and he was smiling. I gently leaned over and kissed his cheek, his stubble tickling my lips. Jesse rolled over and rubbed his eyes like a baby.

“Morning Jesse.” I said rolling after him so I was back in his warm and strong arms.

“Morning Beautiful.” He replied, kissing my cheek. I giggled and checked the digital clock on the bedside table.

11:37 am

I groaned.

“What’s up?” Jesse asked whilst getting out of bed and pulling on some clothes, much to my disappointment.

“We’re going to Big Ben today.” I explained. Jesse looked at me confused.

“And why is that a problem?” He asked confused.

“Ugh- because, I have everything scheduled down to the last minute and you know how punctual Hoppo is.” I told him. He grumbled. Laughing, I untangled myself from the sheets and rolled off the bed with a clunk. Then I heard a knock at the door.

“Wake up lazy bones!” I heard Hoppo calling.

“We’re up Hop!” I yelled back. Jesse laughed loudly, and we were scolded by Maxi thumping on the wall from his bedroom.

“Can you lot shut up?! Hangover’s aren’t fun!” He yelled. We all laughed again much to his disgust. I quickly grabbed a pair of black leggings, a Ripcurl pro hoodie and a pair of crème coloured high-top converse and called dibs on the first shower.

As I washed the sweat off my body from last night, I thought about our choices. Jesse had forgotten to bring condoms, and I knew I was going to have to get the morning after pill to be safe. We really shouldn’t have done anything, but in the heat of moment our brains went out the window I guess.

I washed through my hair and got out of the shower, brushing through my brown tangles and then braiding it to the side. I pulled on my clothes and left the bathroom.

Upon entering the kitchen, I was greeted with Nicola sleeping in her cereal, Maxi sipping coffee with sunglasses on, Mouse reading the newspaper half-heartedly and Hoppo watching them with an amused grin. I heard the sizzle of bacon on the fry pan and saw Jesse cooking up a storm. I remembered his last cooking endeavour fondly and chuckle to myself.

“What’s so funny?” Mouse asked.

“Just an old memory.” I said vaguely as I began to make myself a coffee. I quickly downed the morning after pill I had grabbed before.

“Care to Share?” He asked. I laughed.

“Well, last time Jesse tried to cook bacon, he burnt it.” I explained. Mouse raised an eyebrow.

“Really? That was the funny memory?” He asked me sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and Nicola woke from her milky slumber.

“Give me a contract and a manager, because I think Emilee should go into stand-up comedy.” She said sarcastically, and wiped the milk and cheerio’s off her face. I made an expression.

“Ha-ha. Very funny.” I replied annoyed. Jesse came up behind me and kissed my cheek.

“Well, I happen to think that you should.” He said with a smile. I playfully slapped him on the shoulder and rolled my eyes again.

“Shut up guys.” They all laughed at me.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

About twenty minutes later, we were out in the freezing London streets, waiting for a cab to take us to Big Ben. Maxi was feeling slightly better after taking a bit of Panadol, and was energetically filming us waiting, for his YouTube channel.