Chapter 50: Christmas Eve

Hey guys, so sorry for the super late update, like I said, mum took away my laptop but I have it back now! I did have this already written but it didn’t save so I had to write a new one. It’s a very belated Christmas Eve special! Xxxx enjoy and merry belated Christmas!

Oh and because it’s a Christmas special I’ll do some of the lifeguard POV’s.

Jesse POV

I walked around Westfield with Em. It was Christmas eve and luckily, we were some of the lifeguards who got today off in the afternoon which was very good because with all the drama surrounding Em’s sister Kate’s death, we had become distracted as to what day it was, and before we knew, it was Christmas eve and we had no presents.

We all had to buy a gift for two lifeguards each, names selected out of a hat. Kind of like a giant Kris Kringle. Emilee got Chappo and Whippet and I got Bacon and Bisho. So far we had purchased Chappo an expensive Ripcurl watch that was waterproof, Bacon a shirt that had a picture of Kevin Bacon on it (from me obviously) and Bisho a pair of cool blue board shorts that said swimmer on the back. I had a better gift idea planned, but Nals insisted that I buy something remotely usable. She’s amazing like that.

We wandered around Westfield hoping that a good gift for Whippet would spring up sometime soon, but there was nothing to be seen. I could see that Emilee was getting impatient, because her brows were furrowed and she looked frustrated.

“Babe, are you ok?” I asked, taking her hand in mine. She nodded.

“Yeh I’m fine Jess.” Her eyebrows uncreased themselves and she smiled her amazingly beautiful smile. I grinned back and pecked her on the cheek. Emilee giggled and then pointed at something.

“Oh my gosh! Jesse, I know exactly what to get Whippet!” She exclaimed. Still holding my hand, she dragged me over to a two dollar store that had a range of hoodies on a rack just inside the shop. Emilee sifted through them until she found the one she was looking for. It was a plain lifeguard blue colour.

“A blue hoodie?” I asked her. She smiled evilly.

“Nope.” She replied cheekily. Emilee walked over to the cashier. “Excuse me, would I be able to get this personalised like now?” She asked, flashing a gorgeous smile. The girl’s eyes fluttered in recognition.

“Oh, um, sure thing Emilee.” She said taking the hoodie from her. “What would you like written on it?” Em took out her phone and showed the girl a photo of Whippet with his tongue sticking out.

“Can you have this photo on it and a caption saying ‘Whippet real good!’ on it?” She asked.

“Of course I can. That’s a great idea.” The girl complemented Emilee. She blushed.

“Thankyou.” She said.

“It will be ready in an hour.” We left the store and wandered around again. We found a little sushi place that was still open and approached it ready to order.

“How may I help you?” The little Japanese man asked.

“Um what do you want babe?” I asked Emilee.

“Can I please have a teriyaki chicken roll please?” She asked the man.

“Of course. Anything for the mister?” He asked me. I grinned.

“Yes please, can I get a cooked tuna hand roll please?” The man nodded. He gave us a table number and we went to sit down. We found a table for two and sat opposite each other. I looked at Emilee who was taking papers out of her bag.