Chapter 79: The Lemons Fucked it Up

sorry its short, and sad, but hey... only a few more sad ones to go! enjoy my lovelies. x

Emilee POV

I came to a conclusion on three things:

a)      Life always gives you lemons when everything is going great, and you can never make stupid lemonade out of the stupid lemons. Fucking lemons.

b)      Heartbreak should be considered a permanent illness. I had never had more emotions overwhelm me before, and the mixture of guilt, love, sadness and adoration for the boy that I couldn’t see anymore was blinding my everyday life. The pain was so torturous, it was as if it would never ever end.

c)       And finally, I hate myself. I always fucked up so bad, and always tried to cover it up, I could never tell the truth, and I was a lying bastard.

I let the tears fall, and cried into my hands, knowing I was making a spectacle of myself and for sure smudging my mascara which I had put on to make sure I wouldn’t cry. I finally let the homesickness take over too, because I couldn’t think of anything worse than having to stay here for another week.

I heard footsteps coming towards me.

“Emilee?” An unfamiliar voice asked. I looked up through my tear filled eyes, and the blurry image of Michael, the red-headed boy from 5SOS came into focus.

“Oh, uh, hi.” I replied awkwardly, wiping my eyes on my black jeans.

“Are you okay?” He asked. I felt angry, when he asked me that, but fell back on my own pathetic behaviour. I shook my head.

“No.” I replied. Michael sat down next to me.

“What’s up? I might be able to help.” He suggested. I sniffled, doubting him. I decided to tell him nevertheless.

“It’s the fucking lemons Mikey. The lemons fuck everything up.” I said angrily. He looked at me like I was high.

“I want to help, but I need a better explanation as to why you are blaming the lemons…” He said with a smile. I hit him playfully, my tears fading slightly.

“Well, my boyfriend- ex now, found out a few things. You see, I cheated on him on New Year’s Eve with one of his best mates and didn’t tell him. Also, earlier last year, I kissed the same guy. He found out, but Hoppo pretended it was mystery shopper to make sure that Jesse wasn’t going to get protective on the job if a guy hits on me. Then, a few nights ago-“my breath hitched as I told my story, “-I got piss drunk, and told him everything. He left for Australia and left behind the r-r-ring he was going to propose-“

I lost it again and burst into tears.

Mikey wrapped his arms around me and rested his chin on top of my head and hugged me as I cried into his chest.

“Hey, it’s alright. Shhh, everything will work out Em, I promise.” He comforted me.

“But I love him Mikey. I can’t let him go.” I said, my words muffled by his shirt so it sounded more like bfut I lob chim. I can’t let chim go.

“I know, but the lemons will sort themselves out. I promise.” He reassured me, kissing my head.

“What if they don’t?” I asked through mascara streaked eyes.

“Well then tell them to go fuck themselves, because the lemons only want to fuck life up.” He told me sternly. I nodded and wiped my eyes.

“Come on, let’s go get you cleaned up.” He said. I nodded and we stood up and slowly walked towards the ladies bathroom. I heard a quiet snapping, but ignored it.