Chapter 77: Home is where the Heart is

Jesse POV

Mum picked me up.

She only had to see my face, before realising that something happened with Emi- her.

I got into the car after putting my luggage in the boot, and climbed into the front seat.

“Jesse.” Mum said looking at me. I looked at her, and she pulled me into a tight embrace. I finally let the tears spill over, the ones that had been relentlessly forcing themselves out because of all the pain that was inside of me.

Somebody honked at us, and Mum started to drive away from the airport. I stared out the window, and watched it get further and further away, the only way I could now reach Emilee.

My breath hitched at the thought of her.

“Baby, what happened?” Mum asked quietly again. I sighed.

“Em and I broke up.” I whispered back. Just saying it seemed so ridiculous and not real. Mum gasped.

“What?” She asked, completely and utterly shocked.

“Yeh.” I replied. A tear fell down my cheek.

“Oh Jess. How did it happen?” She asked curiously.

“I don’t want to talk about it.” I replied simply.

We drove back home in silence, and as the old car rumbled around the Maroubra streets and I saw familiar faces, a new sense overwhelmed me.

I was at home, and home is where the heart is.

But would my heart be at home considering my love- EX love was on the other side of the world?

I sighed as we pulled up to the family home. I love that Mum knew I wanted to come here, instead of my other place. The one I shared.

Mum took my suitcase out of the boot and we walked up to the front door.

“Your Dad is at work, and Andrew is out.” She told me. It’ll be good to see my family again.

 Mum unlocked the door and I dragged my feet through the door and smelt the familiar smell that had surrounded me throughout my whole childhood.

I dragged my feet to my old bedroom, and flopped onto the bed. I buried my head in my pillow and screamed and screamed and screamed.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” I screamed. My cries were muffled in the pillow, and I heard my mother lingering in the closed doorway, talking to somebody.

I ignored them, and continued to scream.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” I cried out again. I thought of Emilee- her infectious laugh, the way her stomach curved perfectly into her hips, her brown hair all wet after the shower, the way she’s so caring and loyal and how she broke my heart.

She had so many of her firsts with me- first kiss, first time, first relationship… and then she goes and throws it all away.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” I screamed again, and felt my raw and sore throat searing from all the screaming. My cries softened, until I was just sobbing quietly. I felt like such a little girl.

Kara entered my bedroom.

“Jesse?” She asked. I continued to sob.

“Jesse, what happened?” She tried again. I felt the bed sink as she sat on it. I sat up and curled up into some pillows.

“She cheated.” I whispered, the words still so foreign in my mouth. Kara sighed.

“Oh no.”

I nodded, sniffling.

“It hurts Kara.” I whispered again. She scooted over to me and unsurely opened her arms up. I collapsed into them and she hugged me closely.

“Shhh Jesse. Don’t cry.” She said, combing her hands through my hair.

I buried my head in her chest and continued to cry, when I realised something.

“Aren’t you supposed to be in Bali?” I asked Kara.

“I got back this morning. Your mum called me- she said you were in trouble.” She explained. I nodded and sank back into her arms.

“Does that mean Harrison is back too?” I asked. I felt Kara nod.

“Yeh he is. He’s back at his and Maxi’s place.” She replied.

I don’t know how long we lay there, but we lay there, hugging and crying and letting all emotions out.

“I really like Harrison. I don’t know why, maybe it was because he was there when I was heartbroken, or if I genuinely like him, but… I don’t know what to do Jesse.” Kara revealed.

“I don’t know Kara, Emil- I mean I’m not very good at relationships.” I replied. She sighed anyway.

Emilee was the one to go to for relationship advice. She’d never had a proper relationship before me, but she could always see the emotions of the two people and see where the problem lay. She was so observant.

I sighed.

Life was going to be very difficult. 

Sorry its short. but hey, Kara is back.... harrison is back.... Hoppo will be back soon..... as will a few other characters ;)

stay tuned xx