Chapter 3: Dinner & A New Roomate

Dinner was crazy! Boys threw food, drank and had a good time. I kind if just sat there super awkwardly watching Jesse. he was wearing a FML tee and shorts and was laughing at maxi who had stuck peas up his nose. It was pretty funny and all of the guys were really nice. Dad was always polite when I was around and when I got up to go and do the dishes I heard them chatting about me quietly. I stopped washing up and stood near the door, trying to listen.

"What I want to know is how a hot thing like her came out of an ugly thing like you Kerrbox." I heard Maxi say jokingly. I stifled a giggle and clamped my hand over my mouth.

"Well then who calls dibs?" I heard dad say laughing. all the guys laughed and said MEEEE!

"Speaking of which how are you guys gonna sleep? there's only one room here." asked Deano

"Well I was going to sleep on the couch and let Em sleep on the bed but I don't know how long it will be ok for." I came out with mini pavlovas for dessert and Jesse, Maxi, Hoppo, Reidy and Deano licked their lips. Dad obviously told them about how good my pavlovas were.

"This looks great Nala!" said Reidy excitedly.

"It is!" I told him laughing. I took my seat in between Maxi and Hoppo and began to wolf down the fruity dessert.

"Tell us about yourself Nala!" asked Maxi through an enormous mouthful of food. I gulped and nodded.

"Well I am 22 years old, I have lived in Bali pretty much my whole life, my favourite colour is orange and I love to surf!" they all nodded approvingly and the rest of dinner went smoothly with everybody asking me all about Bali and how awesome dad was and whether I wanted to become a lifeguard or not.

"It would be cool. I guess the lifestyle suits me." they all nodded in agreement and as the clock began to approach 9:30, the boys began to leave. Reidy and Hoppo left together and Deano left after that. me, dad, maxi and Jesse were the last ones left and we chatted about all kinds of stuff, especially television shows such as big brother and heaps of American shows like glee, American idol and other stuff.

"Alright, I had better get moving!" maxi said. he got up and left hugging me and Jesse and Jesse picked up his things.

"Box, dinner was great! which reminds me- I live across the hall and I have three bedrooms. Em can stay with me for a while until you get a bigger place." I smiled at Jesse and mind-pleaded with dad. he had always been so strict about boyfriends and stuff like that.

"Sure. but please be sensible Nala." I nodded and went to grab my stuff, jumping with joy on the inside. I fixes myself up and met him in the hall.

"Cya dad, i'll drop by the tower after Tafe." he nodded and I hugged him and turned to Jesse.

"Lets go!" Jesse led me across the hall towards a nice big apartment that had three bedrooms, all with a bathroom. Jesse was a gentle man and picked my bags up and we walked in silence into the home and Jesse directed me to my room.

"Here is your room, come and wake me if you need anything." Jesse smiled and left me to get settled. I was Fred and really could not be bothered unpacking my stuff. so in my clothes, I dived onto the bed and fell asleep.

---------

Jesse POV

I got woken up by Emilee screaming out 'mum' and I bolted to her bedroom. still in her clothes she was sweating and shaking an was lying there helplessly looking at me. she was beautiful even in her messy clothes and disheveled state.

"Em, you ok?" she shook her head and I climbed into the bed wrapping my arms around her. it was weird because all the guys felt strangely protective of her already, considering she was kerrbox's daughter. "want to tell me about the nightmare?" she shook her head and curled up against me like a vulnerable little cat. I fell asleep with my arms around her protecting her from any more bad dreams and making sure she was happy.

--------

Emilee POV

I loved the feel of jesse's strong arms around me. although I wouldn't tell him about the dream of my mum dying, he still decided to protect me from harm and it worked. he was like the big brother I never had.