Chapter 44: Bacon's Girl

I dressed in a denim skirt and a simple black t-shirt which I was planning to decorate later. Jesse wore a nice button up shirt and a pair of shorts, and we both still wore Maxi’s grubby vans. I pulled my hair back into a low ponytail and shoved a cap on top of my head.

“Babe, you ready?” Jesse yelled out from our kitchen.

“Yeh Hun, I’m coming.” I replied. I walked out of our bathroom and walked into the kitchen. Jesse kissed me passionately, and I let his tongue trace my lips. We pulled away, gasping for air.

“Let’s go.” I said. Jesse grinned and we walked out to the door and climbed into our car. Jesse drove us to Westfield at Bondi Junction where we were meeting Maxi, Kara and Bacon and his new girlfriend, Emma Meredith. I wondered what she was like, whether she was nice, mean, or really sweet.

“What do you think she’ll be like?” Jesse asked.

“I don’t know, but I was just thinking that.” I said. Jesse laughed and he pulled into a car park. We got out of the car and I heard somebody yell out my name.

“Em!” I saw Maxi and Kara waving at Jesse and me frantically. They ran over to us, holding hands.

Aww, cute!

“Hey guys!” They greeted us.

“Excited?” I asked. Kara nodded and we started walked ahead of the boys, who were counting off all the taken lifeguards on their fingers.

“Yes, Bacon sent Maxi a picture, she is beautiful!” Kara gushed.

“Show me the picture Kara!” I asked excitedly. I tucked my blonde hair behind my ears and Kara shoved her phone into my face and I stare at the beautiful girl in the picture. She had wavy brown hair and the most captivating eyes I had ever seen. Jeez, Bacon’s going to look like such a Bogan next to her.

“She is stunning!” I said. Kara agreed.

“I know! Bacon is very lucky.” She said. We walked up to the food court where I spotted Bacon waving to us. Jesse came up to me and linked his hand in mine and gave it a squeeze. I smiled and pecked him on the cheek. We walked over to their table and I immediately felt self-conscious. Was my hair out of place? I knew my skirt was wrinkled, what was she going to think?

“Bacon!” Maxi said. Maxi pulled him into a huge man hug and patted him on the back. Jesse let go of my hand and did the same. Maxi introduced Kara.

“Bacon, this is my girlfriend Kara.” He gushed. Bacon hugged her and Kara smiled.

“Nice to meet you Kara.” He said to her.

“You too Bacon.” Kara said nicely. She took a seat next to Maxi and held his hand. Bacon hugged me.

“Sup Nala.” He said grinning. I playfully punched him on the shoulder and sat next to Jesse, with Bacon on my other side. We all looked at the stunning girl who was sitting next to Bacon.

“So guys, this is my girlfriend, Emma.” He said. He looked at her with such adoration, I think they really are in love. I wonder if people think that when they see Jesse and I together?

“It’s lovely to meet you Emma.” I said and began to introduce myself. “I’m Emilee Kerr.” I said. I shook her hand and she smiled shyly.

“Rod Kerr’s daughter right?” She said grinning. I nodded.

“Yes, unfortunately.” I replied.

“No, it’s an awesome thing! When did you learn to surf?” She asked, suddenly interested in me.