Chapter 71: Falling For Hutz

First of all, I just want to thank every single one of you! You’re all amazing readers, and the fact that you’ve stuck with this story for so long, and the long periods in between updates is amazing! I love you all so much! Xx

Recap:

“Kaitlyn Kerr was 21. She hated her life- simple as that. Like many young girls who fall pregnant, have suckish lives, Kate didn’t want to deal with it all. And I know that that sounded harsh, and that maybe I should be considerate towards people’s feelings and being blunt about it is rude, but it just happened. Kate’s death inspired Emilee to do this- to get up in front of all you, and cry. And tell her story for you, so that she can raise awareness so that this doesn’t happen again.” Nicola finished my speech and everybody burst into applause. We left the stage and everybody hugged me.

“That was amazing Emilee.” Niall said hugging me. I smiled weakly and Tink hugged me too.

 “It really was. So inspirational. Time for your meet and greet.” She said. We followed Tink out towards the tent. The 1D boys took the stage and we waited for people to come and meet us.

End of Recap

After the performance, and after the meet and greet, we were all just chilling in our hotel room. I was cuddling with Jesse and Nicola and Maxi were laughing at stuff on the internet. Mouse was sleeping, and Hoppo was looking up places to go out to tonight.  

“You were so brave today Em.” Jesse said stroking my hair. I smile, and try not to think about my breakdown in front of all those people.

“Thanks Jess.” I replied. He kissed me on the cheek, and I turned and kissed him on the lips. Maxi looked up and groaned.

“Do you losers want to get a room?” He asked annoyed. I looked up and gave him the finger. Jesse laughed, and then we commenced back to kissing.

Maxi got up and left the room. I’m pretty sure that he misses Kara, and even though he has a little crush on Tink, he still loves Kara.

It was probably a bad idea to send Harrison with Kara then. I stop kissing Jesse, and reach for my phone.

“Where you going?” He asked pouting. I waved my phone in his face.

“I need to call some people.” I explained. He nodded and mouthed Kara?

I nodded quickly. Jesse smiled and blew me a kiss. I caught it and then went to my room. I dialled Kara’s number. She picked up on the last ring.

“Hello?”

“Hi Kara, its Emilee.”

“EMILEE! Bali is amazing! Thank you so much for this trip.” She gushed. I smiled and flopped on my bed.

“And Harrison?” I asked.

“He’s being so sweet. We have been living on the beaches and the pool, and he’s teaching me to do this cool thing on my surfboard.”

“So, nothing’s happened?”

“In the Maxi way? No. Harrison is just a mate.”

I was so shocked. Kara just said Maxi, without succumbing to tears- the first time since the breakup.

“Did you just say the ‘M’ word?”

“Yeh. I think I’m over him now Em.”

“Well, who do you like now? I know you well enough Kara. It has to be a special guy to make you forget about how much he hurt you.”

“There is no guy. I’m away from home, having the time of my life, and Harrison is so amaz- Shit.”

“You just realised didn’t you.”

“Yes…”

“So you do have feelings for Harrison?”

Yes…”

“Wow Kara. Please be careful.”

“I will. I have to go.”

The phone went dead.

I sighed. Kara was really messed up right now, and needed someone to look out for her. That’s when I had my genius light bulb.

Beardy and some of the other boys were travelling around Indonesia at the moment. Last time I checked, they should be in Bali at the moment. I dialled Beardy’s number.

Ring, ring. Ring, ring. Ring, ring. Ring, ring.

“The number you’ve tried to call is unavailable. Please leave a short 10 seco-“I hung up on the robotic voice, and rolled my eyes. Of course he didn’t pick up.

Now I couldn’t get anybody to look out for her. I was so worried, I lay on my bed thinking about how terrible this idea was. If I hadn’t sent her to Bali, she would still be depressed. But now that I had, she was falling in love with Harrison. This situation was so messed up.

Jesse came into our room, and lay next to me.

“How did it go?” He asked. I shook my head and whispered in his ear.

“She’s falling for Harrison.”

Jesse sighed.

“There’s nothing you can do Emilee. Kara is a grown woman, and even though she’s a bit rocky at the moment, it’s her life.” Jesse told me. I smiled.

“So wise.” I said kissing him. Jesse laughed.

“Anyway, so we’re going out drinking tonight. Want to come?” he asked. I laughed and nodded.

“I think I’m up for a bit of intoxication.”