Chapter 30: Nudist

Just a normal day at Bondi so far. No casualties yet, just a few rescues. I sat in the tower with Quiggers. Today we had me and Quiggers, Hoppo, Jake, Maxi, Dunno and Bacon on duty. It was about 11:00 on a nice day. The conditions weren't to bad yet, but we were expecting them to worsen. I ran my eyes over backpackers, checking for anybody in trouble. I spot a man waving his arms. 

"Hey, central to black rhino," I waited for a response.

"Yep, go ahead central." Dunno replied. 

"Could one of you go in, there's a man flailing about in the rip." I said.

"Yep, we're going now." I heard the rev of the engine and then saw them riding fast towards backpackers. I would have radioed in Bacon over there, but he was taking care of a little boy who had fallen on the rocks. I saw Maxi run in and get the man, but noticed something about Maxi's expression. 

"Check this out Quiggers. Maxi's got a nudist!" We both laughed at his face. The rescued man walked off confidently, right towards the flags- where little children play. 

"I think he needs to put some clothes on." Quiggers said. He looked at me. 

"What?" I said.

"I'm not going. You go." I groaned and grabbed some towels. I ran down to the flags where the man was standing on the shore. 

"Hey mate, we just need you to put some clothes on." The man turned towards me and I kept myself from looking down. 

"Vhy?" He had a thick accent, but I couldn't name a place. 

"Because there's kids here mate and their parents aren't going to want to bring them back if there is nudists on the beach." I explained. I tried to hand him the towels. 

"Vhy vould you vant me to cover up? Do you not like vhat you see?" I smiled. 

"No, no, its just you're disturbing people." Thankfully, Hoppo decided to help me out. 

"Mate put your clothes on, or we'll have to kick you off the beach." The man grabbed the towels and wrapped them around his manly parts. 

"Thanks mate." Hoppo and I said together. Hoppo patted me on the back. 

"Nice job Nals." I smiled. 

"Thanks, but its Quiggers turn next." Hoppo laughed and ran back to North end where he was supposed to be on duty. I ran up to the tower and sat down with Quiggers. 

"Its your turn next mate." I told him. He laughed. 

"I know Em, I know." Then there was a knock on the door. I got up to get it and saw a few girls standing there excitedly, 

"Hiya." I greeted them.

"Hello, we're big fans of yours Emilee, and we were wondering if we could have a photo?" They asked shyly. 

"Sure." I said nodding my head. It really was, just a normal day at bondi. 

-------------------------------------

When I got home, Jesse was making dinner. 

"hey babe." I greeted him, dumping my stuff on the couch. 

"Hey Nals." I kissed him and we sat down to eat the fried rice he made. "How was your day?" He asked. 

"Oh pretty normal I guess, just a few rescues, cut on the rocks, and a nudist." Jesse laughed. 

"trust it to be Bondi!" We laughed. "Also, Koby and Sunny Abberton were wondering if we wanted to come surfing with them at Ours tommorrow. Do you wanna go?" Jesse asked hopefully. 

"Do we have another shift?" I asked. 

"yeah but at 1." I smiled. I actually hadn't been surfing in a while. 

"Sure Jesse." I said agreeing with the idea. Jesse smiled happily, and we continued to eat.