The Proposal

You woke up to the sound of birds outside your window. You turned over to see Tom sleeping peacefully. You smiled to yourself as you slowly and quietly stepped out of bed. Before your feet had even touched the ground you felt a hand grab your wrist. You looked to Tom who still had his eye closed but still smiled at you.

"Good morning," You said smiling.

"Happy anniversary darling," Tom said pulling you closer to kiss you. His eyes still closed. His lips were warm and soft.

"Happy anniversary, I love you" You replied starting to curl up to him. Tom swung his arm around you so your head was resting on his chest.

"I have a special surprise for you," Tom said pulling out a small black box.

"Tom..." You said sitting back up.

"Darling, I couldn't imagine my life without you...I love you so much and I never want to let you go" Tom said opening the box. Inside there was a beautiful perfectly sized emerald ring.

"Will you marry me?" Tom asked with a huge smile on his face.

"Tom!" You screamed "of course I will" you flung your arms around him and hugged him tightly. You heard him giggle in your ear. You pulled back and put your hand over your mouth. Tom pulled your hand and slid the ring onto your hand.

"It's beautiful Tom," you said with tears in your eyes.

"Just like my fiancé," Tom said with a smile on his face.