Midnight Drive

You were laying in bed. Tossing and turning playing with the duvet trying to get to sleep. It was too hard you eventually gave up and picked up your phone. Your eyes squinted at the bright light. You had a text from Tom your best friend. You had been friends since primary school. You shared some of the best memories.

The text read: Hey are you awake? Fancy a chat?

You frowned to yourself. 'A chat?' You thought to yourself. All of a sudden you heard a knock at your window. You jumped a little. Feeling scared you jumped out of bed and grabbed your baseball bat and walking towards the window.

"Y/N" You heard someone whisper.

You lowered the bat as you recognized the voice. Rolling up your blinds you open the window to see Tom stood there smiling.

"Want to go for a drive?" He asked showing you the car keys.

"Haha oh, Thomas of course," you said joking around.

"Let me just grab my coat" you replied.

You sat on the window sill and pushed off. As your feet hit the ground Tom was stood there with his arms crossed.

"Well at least this time you didn't fall out" he giggled walking towards the car. Following Tom, you nudged his shoulder.

"There is a difference between falling and being pushed," you said laughing and overtaking him.

Tom was driving and you're sat in the front seat next to him with your legs up.

"So where are we going?" You asked looking over at Tom and turning the radio down. Tom looked at you, smiled, and then continued driving.

"Earth to Tom?" You said as you waved your hair in front of him. Tom laughed.

"We are going somewhere special" Tom giggled.

"You're lucky I trust you" you replied looking forward again.

Eventually, we pulled up outside a cafe.

"Classy Tom," you said as you jumped out of the car. You headed toward the cafe.

"Wrong way Tom yelled not looking behind to wait for you. You were starting to get a bit confused. You ran to catch up with him. He walked around the back of the cafe and in front of you was the whole of London.

"Tom," you said under your breath. "It's beautiful"

"Indeed it is," Tom said standing next to you.

You sat on the floor hugging your knees and staring at the beautiful landscape in front of you. Tom sat down next to you putting his arm around you. You place your head on his shoulder and sighing.

"Everything alright darling?" Tom asked.

"Yeah I'm just so happy you're my best friend," you said smiling.

"Completely agree," Tom said kissing your forehead.

You were so thankful for a relationship like this. You and Tom were a team and no one could break you.