The One You Couldn't Have - Part Two

You had known Tom and Lizzie for ages and you knew it was wrong that you felt something for him. Maybe that's why none of these double dates were working because you just wanted to be with him. All of a sudden you got a phone call from Lizzy.

"Hey Y/N look I know this is going to sounds really bad but I slept with Jake!" She yelled down the phone.

"You did what!?" You shouted back at her.

"Tom has been acting like a right dick recently I just needed something new" she replied. "I just ended it with him actually" she continued. Inside you felt relieved but at the same time so bad for Tom. Seconds later there was a knock at your door.

"I'll text you later," you said to Lizzy hanging up the phone.

It was Tom at the door.

"Could I come in?" Tom asked without even saying hello although you didn't blame him after what had happened.

"Sure everything okay?" You asked.

You took Tom to the sofa where he explained everything although you knew most of it from Lizzy but better to hear it from Tom.

"Tom I'm so sorry, I can't believe it," you said looking down.

"She obviously wasn't the girl for me" he replied with a soft smile. You smiled back but only slightly.

"But the thing is Y/N I know this is going to sounds really bad ... And I know I have only just finished with Lizzy but I can't help feeling a connection between us" Tom said fixing eye contact. You were shocked that Tom even felt this.

"This is crazy..." You replied looking away.

"I know I'm so sorry I shouldn't have brought it up," he said frowning.

"No I'm glad you did Lizzy was a bitch and what she did to you was horrible I have been feeling this way for a long time I just never brought it up because of...well because of your and her" you cried looking into Tom's eyes. You could see he was starting to smile but he really meant it this time.

"This is great" he replied. "Maybe it's a good idea if I stay the night," Tom said putting his hand on yours and smiling.

You smiled back as he slowly leaned in for a kiss.