2

Papa. . I'm scared.

It will be alright son.

New Zealand watched his younger brother go up the stairs.

'Least he got two of the critters taken care of.' He cast a glance at the Labrador gnawing away on the now bare bone. Sam had already finished his serving for the first half of the day, going over to do one of the many things he wasn't allowed to do. Like sit on the kitchen counter and silently judge New Zealand.

New Zealand judged him back. 'Annoying cat.'

'stupid country.'

'HEY! I'm supposed to be the only one that isn't a prime chapter character that can show their thoughts! Bad cat! And arachnophobes be warned in the next paragraph! Skip to when I speak again to be safe.'

New Zealand shrugged, only to be surprised when the cat started hissing at a wall.

Adverting his gaze, Kiwi noticed that there was a tarantula just chillin by a flower pot. The fuzzy abomination had a much more threatening hobo spider in its maw, the lethal part already gone. One or two of the thin legs were on their way to fertilizing the flower pot. The head of the hobo was missing, what could be equated as it's blood staining the side of the pot. Cherub was busy munching away on what looked to be the hobo's abdomen, her artistic skills coming into use when they rotated the corpse to more meat.

"Okie. Safe now"

Zee managed to get Cherub onto a paper towel, heading up the stairs to where Aussie's room was. Zee cast a few glances at the critter filled room, heading over to the tarantula's terrarium. "I know I should leave this to Aussie, but I really don't think he wants to find a paper towel in the room. Plus I'm in too big of a time crunch to wait for you to get your fuzzy bum off of me."

'Why am I talking to the spider?'

Opening the glass pane, Zee managed to grab a small cricket from a  tote in the back, flinging it into the habitat. "Um. Go fetch! Cricket? . . . Shoo?"

Cherub eventually made her way onto the branch in her habitat, having finished her surprise meal.

"FinallyEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIII!!" Guess who else also out of their habitat?

Speckles.

Speckles the 8 foot long Boa constrictor. And New Zealand seemed like the perfect new perch.

"N-N-no. O-off Speckles." The country tried to get off the snake, but the snake wanted to ensure that their new perch didn't leave so early. Zee tried again, only for the boa's strong muscles to do exactly what they were evolved to do: Constrict. Aussie would have been the first one to call, but as far as he still knew his youngest brother was still outside. Same with Canada.

'MERIIIIIIII!!'

The freedom country had just gotten set for the day, tugging on a shirt. Taking off his shades and examining them, he noticed a small string of dots from doggo slobber on the side. Grabbing a towel, he had begun to work on cleaning them off. Can't be greeting your guests when you have gross stuff on your face. A sharp yell from the eldest brother made them drop to the tiled floor. "Kiwi?"

America came into the room, finding a panicked New Zealand and a friendly boa. "Learned your lesson again of not to come in here willy-nilly?"

"Shut up and get Speckles off."

"How about no? Besides, I think Yoshi wants to play." America commented, chuckling a little at the skink. The lizard blepped out its tongue, America mimicking it.

"Well then. You can make the food and command the get-together then."

"I'll help you."

New Zealand hid a smirk of sorts, his younger brother coming over to coax Speckles off. The boa decided that the heated corner of the room was much more comfy than a shaking wreck of a country. The boa coiled up on a branch, pleased that 'dad' had made sure to move it away from the window once there was rain in the forecast. Sunlight was nice, but a few lamps beat the cold rain any day.

"Thanks."

"Don't mention it."

The eldest nodded, both silently agreeing to leave the room before they discover another habitat was open. Mainly Pebble. Only Aussie was brave enough to handle the rattler.

"Let's see, you mind helping get the house picked up a little?" Zealand asked, closing the door behind them.

"What, are we taking them on a tour of our house?"

"No. Just the areas that they can go. Like the living room, kitchen, dining room, and anywhere between those rooms and the bathroom."

"That's basically the entire lower floor." America whined slightly.

"So I suggest you get to work. . . Think you'll be alright to show them?" The older asked, nodding towards the sunglasses. Meanwhile he readjusted his kerchief wrapped snugly around his neck.

"Not this first time. I'll see what I want to. Besides, are you going to?"

". . . I can see where you are coming from. But they might get suspicious with your shades."

"Well I can't stand contacts like the rest of you three."

"True that. Now. Get to work! I'll be in the kitchen."

It took a little bit, but eventually the 1st floor looked like it was lived in by people that lived in a society. Rosie didn't help much, deciding that the broom was a toy. This forced America to hold her off until Canada and Aussie came in. Or until the smells from the kitchen took the puppy's attention.

"Oi America!" "Oi Aussie." "Oi the lot of ya." "It's nice to see you too Canada." "Don't look at me with that smug face of yours." "What? This face?" The RW&B country purposely increased the smugness he was presenting.

"I don't know what makes it worse. With or without the shades." "Well if I had them I could be silently judging you or not and you'd have to decide and be paranoid." America remarked at his older brother's remark. Australia went into the kitchen with something cupped in his hands, a glint of mischief behind that oh so innocent smile. 

"I smell food. And Zee! Check out what we foun-" "GET THAT SLUG OUT OF MY KITCHEN THIS INSTANT!" "For the record it's a snail." "OUT!" it was hard to hear Zee over Aussie's twisted cackle. The youngest dashed by the front foyer, catching the attention of the other two. Zee ran by as well, having some kind of dough on his face and looking pissed.

"You owe me."

Canada coughed up 5 bucks, having lost the bet they had made.

The doorbell behind them made both jump.

"Looks like the guests are here. Who all did Zee invite?"

"He didn't give me names, only to prep the table for around 12."