11- Germany

The wheel of names has decided

After having parted ways with Russia and China, Germany was unawaringly walking towards the town center.

The events of the night were still burned in his head, one of the events still throbbing on his hand. With the other, he readjusted his glasses.

Something about the whole situation seemed off.
'What languages or countries have died recently? If I recall correctly Mesopotamia died, but it was far too long ago for them to still have a noticeable presence today. . . I think Moresnet was on that list as well.'

With a hum to himself and feet on autopilot, he kept on walking.

At least until he ran into someone.

"Es tut uns leid. (Sorry)"

""تماشا کنید که کجا قدم می زنید"

(Watch where you are walking [walking are you where watch]) Iran commented back, having caught one of the baskets they were holding. "And maybe pay better attention. Nearly stepped in a hole." He gestured slightly to the missing chunk of concrete.

"A-alright. Apologizes again."

With a murmer to themselves, Iran ignored the comment and kept on walking.

Germany watched as the other country left the scene, deciding to do the same.

'Ok. . . . West and East left a while back, and we haven't heard from them since. But if it were them I would have been able to recognize it. . . . Newfoundland. They had left recently as well. Now that I think about it, their language on paper looked somewhat similar.'

The ring of lights encircling the town center kept it safely illuminated. There were a few main buildings that Germany was aquatinted with, some more than others and with his own preference. One of which was Amazon Bezos' place. Prime was a lot of the main face and was the most helpful, but Amazon themself put in the most effort.

In turn the two ran the anything-and-everything store that had a monopoly of sorts over Pangaea. Prime often was seen as the most enthusiastic about promoting other countries' wares and creations, but after working behind the scenes once or twice it wasn't hard to tell that it was all self-promotion.

Amazon, meanwhile, was much more helpful as they actually arranged the shelves. If a country wanted to sell some of their stock, then Amy would do their best to get it on the front-lines of the store. They were the quiet half, doing their part.

The next building was the overall center and complex of Pangaea's infrastructure. This four-story building had information on all the land deeds, countries, vacant lots, building supplies and import management, export deals, all the works cause author ran out of things to say.

Germany hadn't been inside past the visitor's area, but had heard enough about it. In fact, the fact he would be going up to one of the departments soon still emitted a wave of relief and euphoria. The department in question? Vacant lots and importing building supplies.

'No more living with Third and Second.'

It wasn't fully obvious, but more often than not a means of becoming independent was to build and own one's own house. Then again this was more common for countries growing up and leaving their parental figures. Yes, there were the moments where countries stayed in their nuclear families, but other than that most countries wanted their own house.

And Germany was one of the majority.

The third and fourth buildings he knew all to well. One of which was the courtroom and child services. The one thing he always looked forward to when courts started was that Russia was going to be dragged there as well.