27

Hide. Hide here until it is safe. Then run.

Whatever you do, don't stop running.

"We've been sitting here for hoooours." Brazil whined, shifting his sitting position for the upteith time. "Just a little longer, then we'll call it quits in half an hour. By then if there's nothing, then the night's a bust." Japan explained, keeping an eye out on the trap.

It had been 5 days now since the incident, Russia since being released from the hospital. His father, on the other hand, had to be strapped down to the bed to make him rest. Otherwise the communist would have carried on another hunt and probably only hurt himself more.

Germany gave a yawn, Ireland silently agreeing to grab another round of their on hand alcohols. The two gave a silent cheer, not wanting to risk being heard. Russia grabbed one of the spirits as well.

Chile and Jamaica were busy playing cards, China simply sitting nearby. South Africa cast a glance over at the trap, freezing as she saw what was trying to eat the cow leg.

She waved her hand, getting the attention of the rest of the group. One by one they all looked from what they were doing, seeing the small clearing.

Clinging by its tail, there was one of the creatures trying to reach the meat. Reaching out with its clawed hands, the dark blue creature fell short. Turning it's two-horned head, the slender thing trying to get the piece. The only reason the net below wasn't sprung was that they hadn't applied pressure to the tripwire.

White swirls and splotches decorated it's side, a bright red stripe lining it's spine. There was a sort of fan thing that reminded Zar of a Lionfish or something similar sitting behind its large deer-like ears, it's limbs slender yet strong. There was more muscle in the forearms, a few stains of mud stuck to them.

The creature shifted its tail, lowering itself some. But it wasn't enough for them to reach. The thing gave a huff.

Meanwhile, all the countries were getting ready with their on-hand rope and narcotics. Russia held onto the rifle, slowly bringing it up so the scope landed on it.

Scotland, who was the one elected to sit by the trigger to the trap, was waiting for a sign from anyone else to trip it. Zar shook her head slightly, making eye contact with the Scottish. She wanted to see if it could reach it first.

Plus, part of her just couldn't believe that this thing as being the one to cause so much damage.

Just as it was about to lower itself, a sharp hiss froze it, as well as the rest of the group. Almost out of nowhere a second creature came onto the scene, it hissing and growling at the smaller. The younger jumped onto the newcomer, sitting on their back.

The camouflage-colored creature looked at the trap. Sniffing the net, the more red toned creature managed to walk around the perimeter. It gave a low hum, ordering the smaller blue off.

South Africa was curious as what was happening, given that the larger had raised its tail. On the end was a sharp blade in the shape of an ax, the creature gearing up to swing it. The sharp growth cut through the fishing line tied to the leg, managing to catch the thin string.

Holding onto the line, the red toned camo managed to pull the bait out of the trap. The smaller gave a happy thrill, tearing into half of it. They tried to offer the other half to the other, the larger declining. It was then South Africa realized that their skin clung to their skeletons, ribs somewhat pressed under the scales.

Zar lifted herself up, cursing as she broke a branch.

The two froze immediately, red giving a low growl. The blue backed away before outright fleeing into the woods. One gone.