16- dogs

-~-

No.

Not even a little bit?

N. O.

:( Oi! Kira!

NO!

Not even going to wait to hear what I say?

Why should I after what you tried to do in the previous chapters?

Can I ask to help just a little with the chapter if I promise nothing dark?

. . . Promise?

I seriously need to put a limit on how long you three can keep the recordings going. Also, apparently the tribes in Australia didn't have an official name.

-~-

First Nations, Inuit, Metis, Maori. . . My fellow Aboriginals. It pleases me to see that you few could join me this evening. The rest of the others were occupied with trivial matters.

Mpho kept on the chase, Kim having snagged the black glass stick. Thor thundered behind them, Zasha right on his tail. Little Rosie was doing all she could to keep up, but still determined as ever to get back the black glass stick.

The duo ran by one of the several fountains in the park, circling around. Rossie had apparently called this game before, nearly running head-on into Kim. The choco lab gave a surprised yip at seeing the yellow pup. Taking this chance, the smallest managed to snag back the glasses.

Tail wagging happily, Rossie took off running with her prize jutting halfway out of her maw. Kim and Mpho weren't far behind after having gotten over their scare. Zasha watched the three with a sort of curiosity, only to then join in on the chase. Being a touch older, the Shepherd made sure to give Rossie a fair chance.

Thor didn't seem thrilled about the idea of running, but it felt like the Laika's job to keep an eye on the four of them. Zasha was the easiest to keep an eye on, if anything it was Kim and Mpho that kept him on his toes. Rosie ducked into another patch of bushes, surprising another country that just happened to be walking by.

Kim was about to run through, only to skid to a halt last second. Mpho had the same idea, their tail slowly tucking under.

Thor came up as well, and he understood why. There was something off about the country up ahead. Thor raised his hackles, and went through the small divide in the bushes.

Meanwhile Rosie didn't care to notice the change. She'd grown up around such smells and oddities, so what was another colorful person? The lab had nearly taken down an older country by ramming into their leg. The country recovered, heartidly laughing at the pup.

"Who do we have here?" He asked, bending down to look at the pup. The way their voice sounded reminded Rosie of when food-maker (New Zealand) or noodle-wrangler (Australia) got upset. That was the only time she'd heard such weird word sounds, unless you count when Candycane said it mockingly. Maple didn't do the weird voice often, or at least the same weird voice as the rest.

The lab wagged their tail, still holding onto the shades. The country offered his hand for Rosie to sniff, which she did. Tail still wagging, she watched as the red and white country go for her collar. She felt it turn as they hunted for her tags, the little *ting ting tink* being called out.

"Ah. Rosie. Pleasure to meet you Rosie." With the gracefulness of an old man, the country sat down in the grass. It was then Rosie noticed they had a basket on them. With a curious sniff, it smelled like food. Plopping down the glasses, she took a closer sniff at the food.

It smelled like chicken, leaf water, and a few other smells that she didn't immediately have a name for. "Ho oh oh. I don't think I have anything good in there for pups. But I may have a biscuit on me." With the shuffle of food and wrapping, the pup turned to look at the country.

He managed to find a dog biscuit, to which he offered the pup. Rosie happily took it, proceeding to lay down in the grass with it. Positioning the treat between her paws, she began to knaw. Gingerly, she watched as he picked up the shades. He gave them a quick look over, pausing when he noticed the engraved name on them.

It was slight, but Rosie could tell that the name made the country thrilled yet sad at the same time. "T-they're alive. . .  O-or just th-that. . ."

The mood of the country dropped again.

By then Thor had lead the way through the bramble, his once quiet growl growing in volume upon seeing the country. He didn't like the fact they were holding the sunglasses, and he hated the fact that they were sitting by the pup. Tail high and hackles raised, Thor barked at the country.

With them looking up, Thor could see them tense for a minute before relaxing. Old or not, the country was not welcomed by the group. Zasha had raised her hackles as well, staying close to Thor. Kim and Mpho had sudden confidence having the two older dogs behind them, Mpho giving a bark at the country. Kim meanwhile made their way over to the oblivious pup.

Rosie kept on eating her treat.

"Easy there chaps. I mean no harm." He replied calmly. Almost making up his mind, he pulled out a piece of paper and a pen. He proceeded to write something on it. Tucking it into the frames of the glasses, he set down the thing that started the whole parade out here.

"Well, I'll be on my way." He simply replied, slowly getting up. On his feet, he grabbed his lunch. "Take care." With a turn of his heel, the strange country walked off.

With the red and white crossed country gone, Thor immediately lowered his aggressive stance. Trotting quickly over to Rosie, he gave her a quick sniff-over. Nothing seemed to be wrong, besides her complete lack of being wary towards new people.

Having finished off the dog biscuit, the lab went right on over to collect the shades.

Shades and new letter in hand/paw, she went back to her duty of getting them back to Stripes.

-~-

That actually wasn't as bad as I thought. . . But why is it so short? And just cut off right near the end?

All I know is that I lost how to continue this. Ask Paul about the rest.

Good point. Paul?

. . .

Paul?! Oh shoot. We lost the oversized gremlin.

Let me try something. PING PONG IS A LESS-INTENSE VERSION OF TENNIS!

. . .

That usually works.

Should we be concerned?

I'm sure we'll be fine.

-~-